Chapter 3

After a couple of hours, Angelique says bye and hugs and kisses Kolby. "I will see you Monday, Teddy," Angelique says. She walks out the door and gets into her mom's car. Kolby sees his own mom's car pull up.
"Well now I get to ask her about this," Kolby thinks to himself.

As his mom enters through the front door, Kolby asks his mom why his father left. "He did not want you and he told me if I wanted to stay with him I had to give you up for adoption," his mother says. Kolby shows his mom the text and she starts to mumble.

"I have homework to do so we can sort it out after dinner," Kolby says. He walks to his room, grabbing his backpack, and pulls out all of his school books. "Algebra, World studies, and physical science," Kolby thinks to himself. Distracted he closes the door and lays down on his bed, and falls asleep.

______

Kolby wakes up at 2 in the morning and starts to notice that he has things to do. "I forgot to do my homework," Kolby thinks to himself. He finishes his homework just in time for him to remember it's Saturday. He goes out into the kitchen and gets his breakfast ready. He looks at the time, 7:40. "Mom's already gone for work," Kolby thinks to himself.

He takes out his phone and dials Angelique's number. She answers the phone and they start to talk about what they are going to do when they meet up today. "Okay. I will see you then," Kolby says. He then hangs up.

His phone buzzes again. Kolby looks at it.

Can you come see me? -Mark

Breathing sharply, Kolby debates on whether to reply. He has his thumbs above the keypad. Not only does he want nothing to do with Mark, he has a date to go to!

No. I'm busy.

Kolby sends the message and puts it away. He'll deal with his father later. Right now he has a date!