Chapter 7

Kolby wakes up and notices he is in a bright room. He starts to sit up but is stoked by a hand on his left shoulder. "Don't get up yet. Your not in the condition to get up." Kolby looks around and finds that he is in a hospital room. Laura is there standing next to Angelique and his mother explaining what happened. "He was standing outside of my house. Before he jumped into the street he dropped a note." Kolby sees a door open and notices someone walk in. It's his dad, and he has a gift in his hands. "What are you doing here?" Kolbys mother asks. "I just came to drop off this gift and check in on him." She nods and let's him get through.

Kolby notices a change in his fathers tone. "I knew that one day he would so something stupid. He almost died. I wish I could have been there to stop him." He starts to cry. Kolby lays there and closes his eyes and drifts to sleep. When he woke up the doctors released him from the hospital. He was not very happy that his father was there. Angelique looked at kolby and slapped him. "Why would you do something that stupid? You know that I love you and so does your mother." "I'm sorry, it just hurt me so much." "I will see you tomorrow." Angelique says as she walks away.

When kolby gets into his mothers car he opens the gift his father gave him. He looks inside. There is a card and a brand new pair of headphones with a new galaxy note 4. "This was really expensive, why would he get this for me when I treated him like I did?" "He cares for you. He just wants you to know that." His mother says. "I need to drop you off at home cause I have work in 40 minutes." "No. Drop me off at school." "Okay" his mother turns the car around and heads towards the school. He gets out of the car at his school and starts walking away from the school.

Kolby pulls out his note 4 and texts his friend Roy. "You free" "yeah" " let's hang out at the park" "alright see you there" he puts his phone away and starts heading to the park. When he gets there he sees Roy sitting on a bench waiting for him. "Hey" "sup" "I heard about what happened at Laura's couple days ago. Why did they put you in the hospital for only three days." "Yeah." Kolby thinks to himself for a little bit. "Hey listen, I have somethings to do, but I will text you later alright. You stay outof harms way." "Okay bye." Both Roy and kolby head to there houses. Kolby gets home about 20 minutes later.