Chapter 2

It had been about a year and a half since I had auditioned for SM Entertainment and started my training.

I went for dance and vocal practices daily, also juggling school work and the language classes I were taking.

I was determined to debut as there were rumours that they would be debuting two new members for the comeback of their rookie girl group Red Velvet.

I trained very hard everyday, putting in tons of effort just to improve my art.

One day, I was just heading to her normal practice sessions. As I reached the practice room door, I turned the door handle open and stepped inside only to see that Red Velvet's Wendy was practicing alone. I flushed a crimson red and apologised for disrupting her dance practice.

Wendy however, invited me in. I went in surprised as she sat me down with her and asked whether life was tough as a trainee. Soon, I confessed all the stress that I had been carrying inside and told Wendy about how difficult it was when I felt troubled but did not have anyone to talk to. I also talked about how upset and lonely it felt to see all the other trainees go home for the holidays.

Since Wendy was also from a foreign country, she perfectly understood how I felt, especially when I had talked about how lonely I felt during the holidays. Wendy offered to hang out when they were free and during the holidays especially. I perked up a little and felt as though most of the weight I was carrying on my shoulders seemed to have been lifted off through this short interaction with Wendy.

"I heard that you were one of the potential trainees to join Red Velvet? I hope to see you there! Then we can help each other along the way!"

-

Since then, despite our age difference, we became close and sort of relied on each other for company when the other needed it.

+short and...sweet?