6. The big day

Two days had passed and those two days I have been lying in bed sick. Today is my father's big day and even though I still feel sick I carry myself out my bed and into the shower.

I wash my hair thoroughly and wash my body with my favorite scented body wash. After my shower I towel dry my hair and wrap a towel around my body and walk into my room.

I take a look at the time and see that it's already half past nine. Lillian would be in the hair salon getting her hair, make-up and whatever else that needs to be done, done. I agreed to meet them at the wedding venue so I could still have some rest before all the hectic of the day would happen.

Because I don't have to be at the venue till two in the afternoon I decide to go out for a run, just to clear my mind and hopefully settle down my stomach a bit. The miracles that little exercise can do for you mental and physical well-being. So I chance into my sports bra and running shorts and make my way for the door. I do not forget to tuck in my key because no one would be at home to open the door and let me back in.

Again I run the route I used to run when this town was still my home and I made sure I would pass by all the beautiful little spots around here. Including the pond that was and still is my heaven on earth.

During my run I finally feel relaxed and a feeling of calmness washes over me. This is how I used to feel when I was at home. Running around tow, with no thought on my head make me feel at home. But the sayings are true. Home is where the heart is.

And even though I love my dad, and I feel an extreme liking towards Lillian and Mia, Wade Valley could never be my home again. Too much has happened and those are thing I can't ever erase from my memory. Besides that, I love living in the city. I love how it's always alive and you're never alone.

I finally finish my run and go under the shower again. Maybe I should've gone on my run first instead of stepping under the shower for the second time today. Once I am clean enough I get out of the shower and dry myself and finally dress myself in a pair of sweats and a tank top. I brush my hair down making sure it's absolutely smooth and let it dry naturally.

I then look at the time and I see I have still two hours to spend before I have to be at the venue. So I put my suitcase on the bed and start packing some stuff I won't need anymore. I fly back to New York first thing tomorrow afternoon and with the wedding going on there won't be much time to pack

As I am done I grab the keys from my rental car and carry my suitcase downstairs. The clothes and stuff I would need for tomorrow are on my bed so I put my suitcase in the car. I then go back upstairs to grab the case that carries my dress and the box with the shoes I will wear for the wedding.

Because I had been sick the past two days there was no way I could make it to the fitter to fix my dress so Lillian and I decided I wouldn't be a bridesmaid after all. And I was absolutely okay with that. Being there for the wedding is what really matters, not where I stand during the ceremony.

I put my dress and shoes in the car and get in myself. I drive over to the wedding venue and once there I am greeted by Mia with a humorous bear hug. Have I mentioned how cute this little girl is already?

I scoop her up and spin her around. "Hey there little girl. You look like a princess." I say and I kiss her cheek. "So can you help me find your mommy?" I ask as I set her down. She immediately takes my hand and pulls me in the direction I need to go in.

-

I sit down in the front next to my grandma and uncle. I haven't seen them in three years and we chat up a bit until the ceremony starts. When the pianist starts to play the wedding march everyone stands up and turns to look at Lillian. And that's the moment I turn to look over at my dad.

He stands there at the end of the aisle. His eyes full with pride, happiness and love. I can't help but tear up from the happiness I was feeling inside. It had been a while since I have seen my dad so happy and I couldn't be happier about it. He found himself and love in Lillian and I would be forever grateful for that.

Lillian is now standing next to my father, her eyes portraying the exact same emotions as my dad. I don't know why she was alone. If she was divorced or a widow, but I do know that none of that matters now because they are happy together.

They exchange their vows and their wedding rings and then my father kisses his bride, his wife, his Lillian. Everybody stands up and applauses for them and I can't help but cry some more. My dad found himself a new family, but he never forgot about me.

He looks over at me and I return his smile if a smile from ear to ear of myself. 'I love you' I mouth and if it even was possible, his smile grows wider. He then takes Lillian's hand and they walk the aisle as a husband and wife.

-

At the wedding reception I chat up with my uncles, aunts and cousins who I haven't seen in a while I even danced with my father and grandfather. But even though I'm having a good time and enjoying myself I feel like something is off. Like someone is staring at me from the other end of the room. So I turn around to see where the stare comes from. And suddenly all the air is punched of my lungs and I can't breathe. There he was. And he's the last thing I see before I everything goes black

-

I wake up in an unfamiliar room and I don't know where I am and how I even got in here. I hear some hushed voices and I then look in the direction they came from. I instantly lock eyes with my dad. "Hey there, kiddo. How are you feeling?" he asks stroking some hair from my face.

And that's when I remember where I am. I am at my father's wedding, in the room Lillian got ready in. He is here. Everyone is here. I immediately stand up and look for my purse. "I need to go! I need to get out of here. I want to go home!" I say and I immediately break out in tears.

My father pulls me in a tight hug and I look over his shoulder only to come to the conclusion we're not alone. "It's okay honey, it's all going to be okay" he whispers in my ear, only for me to hear.

I then see Lillian looking at me with a worried expression on her face. I walk up to her and pull her in a tight hug. "Please take good care of my dad for me, okay?" she just nods her head and before anyone can say anything else I grab my purse, my keys and then run out. Out of the room, out of the venue and straight to my car.

"Kat! Kat! Wait up!" I hear someone call from behind me. But it doesn't matter. I need to get out of here and fast. I get into the rental car and speed off.