Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*Aaron*

Grace slowly began to kiss me back and I lifted my hand to tangle in her hair. I pulled her closer and she began to kiss me harder. I feel a little guilty about this. I shouldn't have these feelings for Grace. I'm supposed to love Victoria, and be with her forever. Sophie loves Victoria, my mother loves Victoria, and my best friend loves Victoria. Even Grace is kind to Victoria and yet, me of all people, is causing Victoria pain.

I pulled away and avoided eye contact. My brain feels like it's being stretched in too many directions. Do I completely end things with Victoria and try with Grace? Or do I bury these feelings I have for Grace and continue my life with Victoria? What will Sophie's reaction be to my choice?

"Why did you do that?" Grace asked softly. She stared at me with wide eyes. "What about Victoria?"

"I told you, we're taking a break."

"Yes, a break! That's not ending things. Besides, you and Victoria are perfect for each other. I don't want to get in-between this."

"I have feelings for you." I admitted. Her eyes, if possible, seemed to grow wider. "Do you blame me? You and I both know that the night Sophie was made, it didn't just happen. We were attracted to each other."

"We were drunk and young. We were fifteen and went to two completely different schools. Yes, it just happened."
"So you're saying that you feel nothing for me? Nothing at all?" I raised my eyebrows and she opened her mouth to speak. She then closed her mouth, changing her mind, and heaved a sigh.

"If I said that, I'd be lying." She lowered her eyes and turned away.

"So there is something? It wasn't just me who felt it.

"That doesn't mean we can be together. I can't do that to Victoria. She doesn't deserve this."

"Victoria will understand. She's a very understanding person. We should try to be a family. We owe it to Sophie, and maybe even ourselves."

"How can you drop her so easily? Don't you feel the slightest bit guilty? She loves you with all of her heart and you're just going to pretend you never loved her?"

"I do love her. I just have to know whether the two of us will work out or not."

"If that's true, why didn't you just end things with Victoria completely?"

I never actually thought about why I didn't just cut all ties with Victoria. It would have been better that way, easier. But would I have done if Grace were to say no? "I guess I wanted to make sure things would work out between us first."

"Well I don't participate in cheating, so either forget about us or officially end things with Victoria."

"If that's what it takes to give us a chance."

*Victoria*

I sighed as I the customer continuously scolded me for making their sandwich wrong and ringing them up incorrectly. I apologized for the thousandth time as the manager came from the back to ward the customer off.

"What's up with you today?" Charlie asked once we were in the back alone.

"Aaron decided that it's best if we take a break. I've just been focusing on what that really means. He said that we should start seeing other people."