Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Aaron*

I frowned at the group of people standing in front of me and the many cars pulling up behind them, parking along the curb and on the grass. Connor held up two cases of beer as he smiled hugely. What the hell gave him the thought that I'd want a party?

Connor barged in and the group of strangers followed in after him. I looked over at Victoria who now stood with her arms wrapped around her, giving me a confused look. I left the front door, obviously not able to stop the constant flow of people, and went over to Victoria.

"Who said there's going to be a party?" she asked me.

"Probably Connor, but knowing this crowd, they're not going to leave no matter what I do." I frowned. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, it's not a big deal. I mean, we still have time together right?"

She says that but I can clearly see the disappointment on her face. I love my friends, but sometimes they can really piss me off.

"I'll be right back." I told Victoria before leaving to find Connor.

I pushed my way through the crowd in search of Connor. Eventually I found him in the kitchen filling a cup from the keg.

"Connor," I got his attention. "Who the hell said you could have a party here?" I asked him.

"Well I was originally going to have it at my house." he said, taking a sip of beer. "But when I asked Caleb if you were coming, he said you were here alone for the weekend. And you being Aaron Evans and all, you can't turn down the idea of throwing a party when you have the house to yourself for an entire weekend. I mean, who wouldn't?"

"I wouldn't! I was supposed to enjoy my weekend with Victoria."

"Oh, Victoria's here? She'd better watch out. Fawn and Brittney are on the prowl for you."

Of course they'd be here. They never miss a party, especially if it's "my" party. I made my way back to Victoria who now sat on the couch looking very much out of her comfort zone. I sat beside her and she jumped.

"You scared me." she said above the noise.

"I'm sorry. So, Connor started this party, just like I thought. And not that I want to spoil your day anymore than it already is, but Fawn and Brittney are here as well."

"Of course they are." she said with a sigh. "So now what?"

"Now...we wait this out."

***

Not long after Victoria and I had begun to relax and wait out this chaos, the she-devil herself appeared. She wore a form fitting, long sleeved black dress that stopped just above her mid-thigh. Her blonde hair was curled and bounced as she walked. Her already long legs seemed to extend miles in her strappy black heels.

"I've been looking for you." Fawn said in a flirty voice, sitting on the arm of the couch and crossing one leg over the other.

"I know. What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that."

"Well you can't get what you want, so leave him alone." Victoria jumped in. I looked at her surprised. This party really must have put her in a bad mood.

"Oh, you're still hanging around?" Fawn asked with a disgusted look on her face.

"And you're still desperate." Victoria responded bitterly.

Fawn's features turned serious as she glared at Victoria. I know that look. It's the look she gives before she snaps.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Fawn asked, nearly yelling at Victoria. "I know there's no way in hell that Aaron would choose a goodie two shoes like you to f**k. I mean look at you. You have a rat like face, you're fat, you're flat chested, and you have a dull personality. And look at Aaron. Hot, muscular, and gorgeous from head to toe. The two of you are just not compatible."