Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Aaron*

Sophie held my hand as we walked through the mall. I decided I need to get a job in order to support Sophie and me once we're out on our own. And I'd like to be able to buy her things with my own money like a father should instead of relying on my mom.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Sophie exclaimed, jumping up and down. "I want that." She pointed to the window of a toy store. I saw a large, pink Barbie house. The price beneath it was $129.99.

"Not today." I told her. "We'll come back later."
"I want." she whined.

"Not today, Sophia."
She let go of my hand and fell out in the floor. She began whining and complaining. Some people were beginning to stare. I hate when she throws tantrums. Especially in public.

I sighed and sat down beside her. Her whining may be annoying people, but I found that sitting and waiting for her to stop works.

After about 5 minutes, she stopped. I stood up and picked her up. She rest her head on my shoulder.

"You can't always get what you want." I told her softly. "Okay?" She nodded. "Alright, let's go."

After walking around to a few stores and filling out a few applications, Sophie and I headed back home. Once there, my mom rushed at me with a small toilet in her hands.

"What's this?" I asked her.

"A toilet." she said. "It's time to start potty training."

"Really, already?"

"She's almost 2 and a half."

"Don't remind me."

Sophie is growing up way too fast. It feels like it was just yesterday she was a new born who was left on our doorstep.

"Come on Sophie, let's try."

Sophie took my mom's hand and was lead away to the bathroom. Why can't Sophie stay my little girl forever?

After a while my mom came back with Sophie at her side. My mom had a disgruntled look on her face.

"Did go well I'm guessing." I said.

"Have you been leaving the door open while you use the bathroom?"

"Only sometimes, why?"
"Because Sophie insisted on standing up to pee."

A smile came to my face and I tried to hold in my laughter. Sophie does about anything to get under my mom's skin.

"She claimed she wanted to be just like you."
"That's sweet Sophie." I said.

She smiled and came to jump in my lap. She wrapped her small arms around my neck in a hug.

"Don't praise her." my mom scolded.

"What? It is sweet. She wants to be like her daddy."

"She should want to be like me."

"Don't be jealous mom."

"I'm not. I just think she should act like a girl."

***

Night came and I gave Sophie a bath. She played with a cup in the water and a small rubber ducky I bought for her.

"Daddy, I a mermaid." she said, splashing the water.

"I see. And a very pretty one at that." she smiled.

After Sophie's bath, I wrapped her up in a towel to dry her off. Now the hard part is getting her to calm down and go to bed.

"Catch me!" she exclaimed as I tried to dress her.

"Not tonight Sophie, please." I begged her. "Daddy has to get up early." she simply laughed.

After about 20 minutes of chasing Sophie and dressing her, she finally crashed and I put her in her bed. I changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt and climbed into bed. Sophie tired me out today. Some days she's just a ball of energy.

***

I woke to Sophie's usual patting on my nose. I opened my eyes to see her doe ones staring back into mine.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" she sang. "Grandma says wake up."

"I'm up sweetie." I told her, sitting up. I ran my hand through my hair and yawned. "Go help grandma make breakfast while I get dressed."

"Okay!"

Sophie ran from my room and I forced myself up. I showered and dressed in dark jeans, a grey t-shirt, and a red hoodie. I headed downstairs to grab a quick breakfast.

"Here daddy!" Sophie said, handing me a plate of food.

"Thanks sweetie."

I sat at the table and ate my breakfast quickly. I shared a little with Sophie since she put a lot on my plate and she needed to eat too. After I was finished I grabbed my gym bag and backpack.

"Bye Sophie." I said, picking her up and placing a kiss on her cheek. "I'll be back later."

She pouted but didn't try to stop me. Hopefully she's beginning to accept that I need to go to school everyday.

I arrived at school and found a parking space. Caleb met me at my locker. He held out a folded piece of paper towards me.

"What's this?" I asked him, taking it and unfolding it.

"Some chick told me to give you her number."

"Why didn't she give it to me herself?"

"How should I know, maybe she's shy or something."
I shook my head and shoved the paper in my pocket. Who knows if the girl is watching. I don't want to hurt her feelings by throwing it away.

"So how's Sophie?"
"She's good. My mom started potty training her yesterday and she wanted to stand up and peel like me. You should have seen the look on my mom's face."

"Did you tell her she can't do that?"

"No, my mom's taking over the potty training so I'm going to leave that part up to her."
I opened my locker and put my things away. I told Caleb I'd meet him later since I had to my gym bag in the locker room. On my way there, I turned the corner and almost immediately someone ran into me. I looked at the person and smiled.

"This is the third day in a row." I said. "I'm beginning to think you're following me."

"I'm not doing this on purpose, I swear." Victoria said.

"Well, you know what I said last time. Let me buy you dinner."
"Uh..." She started.

"Or lunch."

"I uh..."

"A snack?"
She smiled. As long as I can get a girl to smile, I know that I have a chance with her. Someone has to laugh at my jokes.

"Come on, please?" I begged a little.

"Sure." She said. "What could it hurt?"

"So, lunch, dinner, snack? Your pick."

"Dinner."

"Tonight at 7:00 okay for you?"

"Yes."

"Then it's a date." I grinned. "Mind if I get your address?"

She wrote down her address on a piece of paper. I eagerly took it and said goodbye to her. It only took three days and already I'm getting Victoria to go out with me. I can only imagine what tonight will turn out like.

Victoria's P.O.V*

A date with Aaron Evans? Normally I'd say no to a date, but I couldn't help myself. It is strange how we've managed to run into each other three days in a row. And he doesn't seem like the bad person everyone tries to make him out to be. Why not take a chance? Charlie said that I need to get out more. I've been so caught up in school and work that I don't have time for anyone. I don't even have friends because my nose is always stuck in a text book. Tonight I have off and I'm caught up on my homework. I guess I can start building a life for myself.

***

After school I went home and quickly did my homework. I don't want to be out late and not get anything done. I'd regret it. My mom poked her head in my room.

"You're doing homework early." she said.

"I have a date tonight."

"You have a date?" she said excitedly, coming into my room and sitting beside me.

"It's not that serious mom." I sighed.

"Who's it with?"

"His name is Aaron. He's the most popular guy in school."

"Is he nice?"

"Every says he isn't, but he was nice to me. So I guess he's not so bad."

"What are you going to wear?"
"I don't know." I shrugged. "I don't know where we're going."

"It's the first date, so it'll definitely be casual. Let me dress you?"

My mom always wanted to be a fashion designer, but couldn't afford to go to school for it. Now she always likes to pick out my clothes a have me try on designs that she's made and put together.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Yay! Thank you."

After about an hour and half, my mom came back and began to raid my closet. I sat on my bed and waited. I trust my mom to pick out my clothes. I usually like what she has me wear.

She finally decided on an outfit and I slipped it on. A pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a red blouse that clung to my torso but laid loosely across my chest, ankle high black wedges, and a thin, open black cardigan.

"Go with neutral makeup."

"Thanks mom."

I did my makeup quickly and soon the doorbell rang. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I've never been on a date before, at least not a decent one. What should I expect?

I walked to the front door and opened it. Aaron stood on the porch wearing dark jeans, a green shirt, and a leather jacket.

"Hi." He said with a smile.

"Hi." I responded, matching his smile.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

I followed Aaron to his car. He surprisingly opened the door for me and I smiled as I climbed in. He walked around to get into the drivers seat.

"So where are we going?"

"Just a restaurant I go to a lot with my friends. They have really good food so I hope you're hungry."

"I am."

"Good."

Aaron pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant. He found a parking space close to the entrance and we headed inside. We got a booth to sit at. Aaron sat on one side while I sat on the other. We ordered our drinks then looked through the menu.

"Why haven't I seen you around school before?" he asked me. "You're not new are you?"
"I moved here about a year ago. My mom thought I'd have better opportunities here. My last school wasn't all that good."

"Really? I'd think any place with you in it is perfect." he smiled.

I smiled and felt my cheeks warm up. He's so sweet. Why did I always hear such bad things about him?

We ordered our food and the waiter soon brought it to our table. I didn't order much since the butterflies in my stomach seem to be keeping me mostly full.

"Aaron?" someone said, coming up to our table. It was a girl with long, wavy blonde hair and green eyes. She was very pretty, but it's obvious she has a lot of makeup caked onto her face. She was skinny, but muscular, maybe a cheerleader? And she wore an upset look on her face.

"Hey Fawn." Aaron greeted her, with a small smile. "What's up?"

"Who is this?" Fawn gestured to me.

"Oh, this is Victoria." Aaron introduced us.

"It's nice to..." I started.

She put her hand up, stopping me. "Don't speak." She said. "What are you doing here with her?"

"I'm on a date. And you're being rude."

"I've been asking you out all year and you say no to me, but yes to her?"

Why are they talking like I'm not here? Fawn is rude and it's becoming frustrating that she's here. She must have a crush on Aaron if she's upset that he's here with me.

"You're making this a bigger deal than it is." Aaron told Fawn. "You're just... not my type."

"Not your type!? I'm Fawn McCauley. I'm everyone's type."

"Victoria, let's just go." Aaron said, placing money on the table.

We stood up from the booth and left the restaurant. I don't know what that was about really, but it was pretty dramatic for a first date.

"I'm really sorry about that." Aaron apologized. "She shouldn't have done that."

"I agree, but it wasn't your fault."

"So you're not mad?"

"I'm upset that I didn't get to eat my dinner, but other than that no."

"We'll find another place to eat. Somewhere my friends don't hang out."

"So she was a friend? She didn't seem like one."

If that's what he calls a friend, he needs to find new ones. She's so rude and jealous.

"She's in my circle of friends." he answered. "She's had a crush on me for a while now, but I always turn her down when she asks me out. I'm not into girls like her anymore. I'm into girls who are more like you, calm and reserved. You know, not so much drama."

"Did you have bad experiences with girls like her or something. Because that's a huge personality difference that you've jumped to."

"Let's just say something happened that changed my life entirely."

"Well I'm glad you changed your preference. She seems like a very mean person."

Aaron and I found another restaurant to eat at. One that was much quieter and didn't have cranky cheerleaders. After dinner, Aaron took me to a movie. I agreed to dinner, but I didn't mind stopping to see a movie. After the movie we took a short walk through the park. Aaron was sweet and gave me his jacket when I got cold. I felt bad for leaving him to freeze, but he wouldn't take his jacket back.

After a while Aaron drove me back home. For a first date that started off a little bumpy, it wasn't bad. This was only the second date I've ever been on, but it was the best so far. I'm glad that I went out with Aaron. He's not at all like what people told me. I'm glad that I got to see who he really is for myself.

"Thanks for going out with me." he said.

"Well you make it hard to say no."

He laughed lightly and reached over to take my hand. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed the back of it.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a crooked smile.

"Until tomorrow then." I said, giving him a smile.

I climbed out of the car and went inside. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. I smiled thinking of my night out with Aaron. Although it was just the first date, I think I'm falling for him.

************************************************************************************************************************

I finally got this up. I've been working on this for a while and it could have turned out better, but whatever. Tell me what you think so far and how you feel about the characters. Also, should I or shouldn't I have a cast for this story? Let me know?

Please comment, vote, and/or fan (follow). Thanks!! ;-)