Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Aaron*

I felt someone poking my face and woke up to see Sophia's big green eyes looking into mine. I smiled and reached out to pick her up. I tossed her in the air and she laughed. I then placed her on the bed and lifted her shirt to blow raspberries on her stomach. She laughed harder and squirmed beneath me.

"Daddy, stop." she said through her laughs.

I stopped and placed a kiss on her forehead. She placed her small hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." she said with a smile.

"Let's go get breakfast."

"Yay!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands against my cheeks.

I stood up and picked her up off the bed. I straddled her on my hip and carried her downstairs. It was quiet, telling me my mom is still asleep. I placed Sophie in a chair then fixed something for breakfast.

"Daddy, can we go to park?" Sophie asked me, kicking her legs back and forth over the edge of the chair.

"Sure sweetie, but let's eat first."
I fixed Sophie's breakfast first, scrambled eggs, one piece of bacon, and apple juice in a sippy-cup. I made myself a plate too and sat beside Sophie at the table.

After we ate breakfast, I lead Sophie upstairs so we could get dressed. I dressed Sophie first. I dressed her in a pink dress and black leggings. I tickled her foot before slipped the black flat onto her foot. I asked Sophie to stay in her room while I got ready and she agreed.

While taking my shower, I thought of Victoria. We've already been dating for a week and a half and tonight I agreed to meet her mother, properly. I know she'll want to come over to meet my mom, but I'm not ready to reveal that I have a daughter. I know I can only keep Victoria in the dark for only a little longer, but I'm still not prepared for what she'll say or think.

I climbed out of the shower and dried off. I dressed in dark jeans and a grey t-shirt. I slipped on a black beanie and went to get Sophia. She stayed in her room like I asked and she played with her dolls.

"Are you ready to go to the park?" I asked her. She jumped up and down with a smile on her face. "Good, let's go."

I held Sophie's hand as we walked to the park down the street. Once there, Sophie ran off to play. I sat on a nearby bench to keep an eye on her. Hopefully this will tire her out so that she'll be napping when I leave for dinner tonight. I don't want to be late and make a bad impression.

*Victoria*

I woke and a smile immediately formed on my face when I thought about Aaron coming over for dinner tonight. He's finally going to meet my mom and she'll understand why I like him so much.

I can't believe we've already been dating for a week and half. With no surprise, I still fall for Aaron a little more everyday. I know it's too soon to say that I love him, but I really do think it's true. I don't want to scare him off so I'll keep my feelings to myself until the right time comes.

I showered and dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. I'll wear comfy clothes until it's almost time for dinner, then I'll change into something decent. I braided my curly hair and let the braid lay over my shoulder. I ran downstairs to grab breakfast. I found my mom sitting at the table drawing in her sketch book.

"Hey mom." I greeted her. She looked up at me briefly and flashed me a smile. "Are we still on for dinner tonight?"

"Of course." she answered, not looking up from her sketch. "I'm dying to meet the boy who's stolen my daughter's heart."