Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Victoria*

Soon it was getting late and I had to go home. Unfortunately it's a school night and I have to work tomorrow after school. I got home where my mom was waiting up for me.

"So how did it go?" she asked me.

"It went well." I answered. "And it turns out that Aaron has a daughter."

My mom stared at me for a moment in shock before slowly nodding her head. It is a hard pill to swallow.

"A daughter, huh?" she said. "Interesting. I would've never guessed. How old is she?"

"Two and a half."

"So she was born when he was 15 or 16? It's a shame when kids get themselves in a situation like that. It's a huge responsibility."

"Maybe, but he seems to handle it well. He's a really good dad from what I can see. He's different than most teen fathers."

"Will you be meeting the girl's mother as well?"

"Sophie doesn't have a mother. Aaron said that she was dropped on his doorstep when she was just a newborn. He doesn't know where her mother is."

"Well that's unfortunate. He doesn't expect you to be..."

"No, not at all." I cut her off. "All he wants is for me to accept her and I do."

"Good. I'm glad that you like him enough to stay with him after this."

"I really like him. And the fact that he has a daughter only makes me like him more."

"I'm glad. Go on to bed. You have school tomorrow."

*Aaron*

After Victoria left, I went into the kitchen to help my mom clean up the last of the mess.

"I like her." she said. "She seems like a really sweet girl"

"She is. After all, she did accept Sophia. I was terrified that she'd dump me and run off. I really like her so I'd hate to scare her off. I'm really lucky."

"Yeah, you are. There aren't many teenage girls like her out there."

~*~

My alarm went off and I reached over to turn it off. I sat up slowly, feeling more tired than I have in a while. I stayed up late doing homework because I was stupid and didn't do it before the dinner.

I showered and dressed in dark jeans, a red hoodie and a black snapback. I grabbed my duffel bag and went to Sophie's room to check on her. I'm surprised she didn't wake me up this morning.

I poked my head inside her door and saw her sitting on her floor playing with her barbies.

"Hi sweetie." I greeted her, walking inside and sitting beside her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi daddy." she replied.

"You didn't wake me up." I stated.

"Grandma say let you sleep."

"Oh, okay. I'm leaving now. I love you."

"Love you too."

~*~

I arrived at school and was met at the entrance by my friends. Caleb casually draped his arm across my shoulders as we walked down the hall.

"There's a party tonight to celebrate the win yesterday." Caleb said. "You're coming right? I mean, you are our captain."