Epilogue

Epilogue

*Aaron*

Sophie rubs the sleep from her eyes as she walks into the kitchen, her long brown hair a mess. I place two pancakes on her plate and push it in front of her as she takes her seat at the kitchen table.

"Thank you Daddy." She says with a small smile.

"You're welcome sweetie. I have to go in early today, so Ms. Ginger will be over from next door to watch you, okay?"

"Okay." She sighs.

I know it hurts her every time I have to leave her. I spend even less time with her now that I have both college and work. I'm constantly at one or the other and I feel terrible about it every time.

"I'm sorry sweetie." I place a kiss on her forehead. "I love you."

"Love you too."

I open the front door to fine Ms. Ginger in the process of beginning to knock. She held her daughter's hand, who is close to the same age as Sophie.

"Perfect timing." I say. "She's just eating her breakfast. There's enough left for the both of you. I should be back this afternoon."

I rush off to the subway, hoping I catch the first to arrive so I won't be late. If I'm late anymore, I'm sure they'll fire me.

*Victoria*

I smile as Colton hands me a piping hot cup of coffee. Ever since I've started college, I can't survive without coffee. I'm at Sophomore year and the amount of coffee I need has doubled.

"Thanks." I say. "I was beginning to have withdrawals."

"Oh I know." Colton says as he intertwines our fingers. "I know your entire coffee schedule. If you don't get your two cups in the morning, I may as well not even look at you for the rest of the day, and you're too beautiful to do that. And if you don't get your afternoon coffee, you're no good for the rest of the night, which I always have activities planned for. And you can't fall asleep without your decaf coffee before bed. You're a coffee addict and I'm okay with that." He leans in and places a quick kiss on my cheek.

Colton is the best thing that's ever happened to me. He understood that my heart had been shattered and he didn't mind waiting for me. He proved that he was loyal to me as a friend and as something more. Even though it took a year, he was still there and now our relationship is stronger than ever.

"Are you hungry?" he asks me.

"I could eat. Why?"

"I found this new coffee house that I think you'll love."

"You had me at coffee." I smile.

We enter Café Latte and the smell of coffee fills my nose. It's crowded, but not so much that it's loud. I can still hear the soft acoustic music playing in the background.

"I'm liking it so far."

"Find us a seat and I'll go order."

I find a seat in front of the window as I wait for Colton to come back. I stare at him as he points to the menu with one hand and keeps the other tucked warmly in his dark jeans. His curly blonde hair perfectly messy from the breeze outside. Every time I look at him, I can't believe he's mine. He's perfect in every way. He's smart, but athletic. He's caring, but knows when to give me space. He's sweet, but not too clingy. I'm beginning to think the universe made him just for me.

"Staring at me again when I wasn't looking?" He asks, breaking my thoughts as he sits across from me. A smug smile crosses his face.

I blush as I bite my lip. "No."

"You're a terrible liar." He leans across the table and meets his lips with mine. Butterflies fill my stomach along with a warm feeling. I become giddy as a young school girl just at the sight of him and it doubles when he kisses me.

"Um, your food." The barista says as he clears his throat. Colton and I separate immediately and I smooth out my shirt.

He places our food and coffee in front of us and I glance up to give him a warm smile. I can feel the color leave my face as a cold feeling fills me. He drops the pot of coffee in his hand as he recognizes me.

"Aaron?" I ask.

I haven't seen him since the day he came to my house, begging for forgiveness. I never thought our paths would cross again. It took me more than a year to recover from the heartbreak he caused me. I guess no matter how far I run, no matter how much I try to forget, he'll be there to remind me.

********************************************************************************************

Here's the final chapter guys. Yeah this one is short too, sorry. And yes I am planning to do a sequel, but... I don't have everything planned out for it just yet so it may be a little while before I get it up. Plus I need to write more for another sequel I started on here over a year ago. But anyway, tell me your thoughts on this final chapter and keep an eye out for the sequel.

Until next time!

Please comment, vote, and/or fan (follow). Thanks!! ;-)