Best friends

Today, I was going to spend the whole day with Ruby. I realise that I haven't got to spend enough time with her, with everything that had been going on.

I ran over to her and began to sing, "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!"

"Amber, Amber, Amber, Amber!" She sang back. We hugged each other and laughed.

"I missed this but from now on we can go back to having all of our famous laughs and all nighters." I told her.

She nodded. "It's fine. You've been through so much lately. I don't know how you've coped. If my parents got back together after 10 years, I would be so confused." She replied.

"I am though, Ruby." I burst out I'm tears.

"Come here." She said. I buried my head into her shoulder. "You've been so strong."

"Have I?" I asked not knowing if I had been.

"Yes. I know for a fact that many people wouldn't be able to cope with what you have. You're a role model to people, just like your mother." She told me.

I nodded and wiped my tears away.

"Thank you." I say to her, smiling.

"For what?" She replied, smiling back at me.

"For being the bestest friend in the whole world." I replied.

She laughed and replied, "As are you!"

This was all why Ruby is my best friend and We always would be hopefully.

Ruby's POV:

Amber has been threw so much! I mean seriously, that girl has to be the strongest person I have ever met! Yeah, she cries sometimes but if that happened to me and most other people I would never stop crying and be confused for life! There really is no one like Amber Aniston-Pitt! She's funny, sweet and just plain incredible! If any of you met her, you would love her to death and that's a promise.

Amber's POV:

We decided to go to my house, as my parents were home. We got on our bathing suits, jumped into the pool, turned the radio to full blast and began to sing to King by 'Years and years' (If you haven't heard of them, I really recommend you listen to them! :)) This was one of my favourite songs, it was catchy and you couldn't help but sing along to it.

"And oh oh oh, I was a king under your control!
And oh oh oh, I want to feel like you've let me go!
So let me go!" We began to sing.
"Don't you remember how I used to like being on the line
I dreamed you dreamed of me, calling out my name
Is it worth the price?

Cut cover, take that test
Hold courage to your chest
Don't want to wait for you
Don't want to have to lose
All that I compromised to feel another high
I've got to keep it down tonight
And oh oh oh, I was a king under your control
And oh oh oh, I want to feel like you've let me go!"

Suddenly, the music stopped and we stopped singing. We turned to where the radio sat and saw my dad holding it with a angry look and my mom standing next to him with the same look.

"Girls! We have neighbours you know. Ruby could you go home please?" Mom asked sweetly. Ruby nodded and listened to my mom.

"What's the problem? We were just having a good time." I say getting out of the pool and grabbing a towel.

"You had the music on full blast! 3 of our neighbours have complained to us." Mom told me.

"They're just boring people, who have no life." I replied raising my voice a little.

"Don't raise your voice at us! Just don't do it again." My dad says sternly.

"Just don't cheat again." I say under my breath.

"Sorry, what was that?" My mom says looking at me with stern eyes.

"Nothing." I replied.

"You said to your dad 'just don't cheat again.'" She says.

I hate that! When someone asks you what they said and they clearly know what you said. I mean like what's the point?

"So you did hear me. What was the point of saying that sentence in the first place." I say sarcastically.

"Cut the cheek." My mom said.

"I'm going to my room." I say walking into the house and straight to my room.