me vs baby?

The past weeks since Harry was born have been hell. I've been woken up every night and I know it isn't his fault but it is annoying. Also, Mom and Dad have not been paying attention to me at all. I know I am probably being selfish and being baby but I've been ignored before because of other siblings. I do love Harry, he's my only full sibling. I must be over exaggerating.

"Hey mom. Could I ask you something?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen where my mom stands with Harry in her arms. He's not crying, for once. She making him a bottle.

"What is it, Amber?" My mom snaps as she answers.

"Could I sleep over at Ruby's tonight?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Do you need any help?"

"No. I'm fine."

I walk away and back upstairs to my room. Honestly, I'm hurt. Whenever I speak to her I feel like I'm not wanted and I should just leave. I know they are both busy but really? They could at least speak to me sometimes and I offered to help them.

I can't wait to go to Ruby's house and sleep. I haven't been able to see her in a while as she's been on holiday with her family.

I pull out my phone to text her.

Amber - Hey! My mom said I can stay over tonight! :)

Ruby - That's great! I've missed you so much. I thought you could come at 4 so we can have a long time in the pool.

Amber - I will! I need to get out of this house anyway.

Ruby - Why?

Amber - Oh. I keep feeling like everyone's ignoring me and I know they have to focus on Harry but they can't even speak to me without snapping. I'll tell you more when I come over.

Ruby - Ok and I know everything will be back to normal soon. I'm here for you.

Amber - Thank you for being such a great friend. You're always there for me and I really appreciate everything you do for me.

Ruby - Hey, you are too! What else are friends for?

Amber - Yeah. Anyway, I best go and get ready. Bye :)

Ruby - Bye :)

I begin to pack my clothes and pyjamas. I choose my black jeans with my Disney t shirt with Disney villains on. I have to admit I love Disney villains. There just awesome. My favourite would have to be maleficent. No actually, Ursula. It doesn't matter how old I get, I will always love Disney.

Once, I'm packed I walk downstairs ready to leave.

"Mom. Dad. I'm going now!" I call just as I'm about to open the door.

"Come here for a second sweetheart." My dad calls back. Why do they want to speak to me? I know they're parents but this is weird.

"Yeah. What's up?" I ask. My mom tells me to sit down which I obey.

"I know we've been not paying much attention to you lately and we're sorry. We promised nothing would be different and I know it has been getting to you so don't deny it but we promise once you are back, everything will go back to normal." My mom explains.

"It's OK." I say embracing them both into a hug. They each kiss me on the forehead. "I best be going to Ruby's now. I love you."

"We love you too!" They call. I walk out with a smile on my face.

A/N

I know it's been awhile but than you to everyone who read this story.

Also, could you guys be awesome and go to my account @libsta2308 and check my other stories. :) thanks