The Poem

I've been home from New York, for a week now and mom and dad are just so in love again. It's weird and awkward. I still keep thinking of them breaking up again and I don't want that to happen ever. I've been through that once and it honestly is a horrible thing to go through. Remember when I told you about Ruby was the one to make me laugh and we sung to 'you got a friend in me'? Well, I really don't wont that to happen again and I'm a little scared that it might. I don't want to get too happy just in case it goes wrong again like last time.

The next day:

Why is it so hard to write a poem? It's to prove a point to my friends that I can write a poem. People wouldn't really take this seriously but I take a lot of stuff seriously. I thought it would be easy but I guess, I was actually wrong. I sit on my desk in my bedroom, watching Friends as I think of ideas for the poem. I want to call Ruby for help but then I have to quit because it says in the rules you can't ask for help.

There's a knock at the door and I shout for them to come in. It's my mom.

"What'cha doing there sweetheart?" She asks sitting on my bed next to me.

"Watching Friends, while I try to think of an amazing poem." I inform her.

"Let me help you." She says as she leans over to read a draft I have but doesn't notice my trash can is full of scrunched up pieces of paper.

I quickly push her away and shout, "You can't help me! I'll lose if anyone helps me!"

"Who's going to know?" She asks smiling at me like she is about to laugh.

"Me! I will and I will end up telling them if you do, so please don't help. You can stay here and watch Friends if you want but you can't help me with this because I need to do it on my own" I order sternly. It's like I'm the mom. I can hear her giggling so I turn to her and ask, "Why are you laughing?"

"I'm laughing at you being so serious and I'm laughing at the greatest TV show, of all time, which I happen to be in." She tells me.

"You know, I actually agree but I was in the movie aswell." I tell her. I played Emma Geller-Green, remember?

She nods, "Well, yes you were but I've been in every episode."

"True, true! But I seriously need to concentrate because this is driving me insane." I say hitting the desk with my fist. Why am I getting so worked up over this? I mean, it's only my friends but I know I can do it.

Mom puts a hand on my shoulder and kisses my cheek, "You'll find a perfect way to make your poem brilliant and I'll be coming to watch when you win."

"What if I don't win?" I ask sighing putting my hands on my cheeks.

"The winning doesn't count. Except, for when it's my daughter." She says with a giggle as she walks out.

I smile as I try to think of idea in my head and I come up with...

Life is full of wonderful things,
Equally, life is fall not so good things,
You can be,
Kind,
Have a intelligent mind,
Funny,
Friendly,
Really you can be anything,
An actor,
A singer,
A teacher,
A builder,
There is no boundaries on what you can be,
You can be what you want to be,
You are perfect in your own way,
Because you're perfect that way.

I smile at this and shout, "Mom! Dad!"

They rush up. They must of thought something was wrong but it was really the opposite.

"What? What's wrong?" Mom says in a bit of a panic.

"Read this." I hand her the piece of paper and dad leans over to read it too. They both smile, which I guess is a good sign. "It was brilliant!"

"I forgot to say the completion doesn't involve any awards. It's just something I had to proof to my friends. So in a way I have won but you've got nothing to come and watch." I say. "I'm going to show my friends that I can write a poem and I am awesome."

I run out and grab a jacket for me to wear. I meet my friends at the park and show them my poem.

"Amber, I have to say it's pretty good." My friend Sam says to me. Everyone either says yes or nods in agreement with him. I can write a poem! I'm so proud of my self.

A/N Please comment and vote! The poem was written by me and I hope you liked that too! Love y'all! 😘😀