Dreams

Hey readers!  Thanks for checking this out.  Please rate/ and or comment!  I want to know what you think.

Chapter 4

Humming out a beat to walk to, I made my way to the boardwalk.  It was windier than usual, and the night sky was pitch black.  I was the only one around, and the only noises came from the swinging trees around me.

Something is wrong

Pieces of trash blew around, dancing on the pavement.  Most were missing person ads.  I picked one up and looked into the eyes of a happy girl, no older than me.  Looking down I saw that the flyer said ‘Help find me.’ Thinking I heard a laugh, I turned around.  No one was there… Looking back at the poster I saw the picture change.  The person was me, same hair, and same eyes.  ‘Help find Me. Samantha Emerson age 16.’ How the heck?  Before I had the chance to turn around I heard the laugh again, this time louder, closer.  Glancing up from the poster, stood before me was a tall figure, a man.  He was thin and pretty lanky, but held a look that could kill.  He wore glasses and pretty bland clothes, seeming fit for a guy his age.  He had to be in his thirties, at least.  He had brown hair, and his eyes were, wait! Weren’t they darker before?  Now they were yellow, spindled through with red.  In the blink of an eye I was on the stone cold floor, in pain?  There was pain shooting through my left arm, soon my right one too.  Looking down I saw two deep gashes on my wrists, spewing with blood.  I couldn’t stand the pain and began to fall back.  It was awful, and soon the same pain was travelling up my back.  Tears stained my face and I began to scream.  No one was around, no one could hear me. I was alone, with this monster. Even over my screams, I could hear another voice, another yell.  The only word I could decipher was “NO!!!” The laughing continued and soon everything went black.

I sprang up from the bed, my breath was pretty shaky.  I couldn’t get those eyes out of my head.  Everywhere I turned they were looking at me, mocking me.  I shut my eyes tightly, not letting anything in.  Soon I saw flashes of white, and became dizzy.  Collapsing to the floor I couldn’t help but cradle my face in my hands, shaking back and forth.  Who knows how long I stayed that way, but eventually the phone rang.  I jumped up from my state of shock, and for a moment I didn’t remember where I was.  Making my way over to the phone I saw the clock. 2:00 huh?  Picking up the phone, I managed a shaky “Hello”

“Hi it’s mom. Um, Samantha,” I cringed “I have a date tonight so I’ll be home later than usual.” Whoop-die-do for her…

“Okay mom.  Anything else?” That came out much more sarcastic than I hoped for.

Good thing she didn’t catch it.  “Yeah actually, can I talk to Michael?”

“Sure, one moment.”  I dropped the phone onto my bed and made my way over to Mike’s room.  Slamming the door into the wall I yelled “Mike! Time to get up.”

“What’s the problem Sammy?” his eyes were still closed.  He looked different, pretty exhausted.  He was also pale, which was pretty off for him.  Mike always had the perfect tan.

“It’s mom, she wants to talk to you.” I placed the phone on his chest and he yawned groggily.  Ha, he seemed pretty stoned.  “Before you answer Mike, are you freebasing?  Inquiring minds want to know.”  I stifled a laugh.  He seemed pissed, opened his eyes, and flipped me the bird.  He squinted his eyes shut quickly, and groaned.

“Sammy, hand me my sunglasses.” Really?  He needs glasses to talk on the phone?  This was off, but I grabbed his glasses and handed them to him.  Mike smiled in return.  Wow, never knew he was this neurotic…  He plastered the glasses on his face and picked up the phone.