She Knows

Chapter 15

Marko’s Pov

“What do you mean get rid of her?” Paul yelled.

“You heard me boys.  Don’t use that tone with me Paul.  Get rid of her.”

“Why would we do that?  Marko’s had the dreams.  Did you forget what we spoke about?”  David bit out.  Why would I get rid of Sammy?  Is Max insane?  She is mine. 

“What if she hasn’t had the dreams, David?” Max said, stepping forward.  I held Sam close; he won’t touch her.  If she hasn’t had the dreams, why should she be scared?

“Max, if she hasn’t had the dreams she would look at you.  She’s probably terrified.” 

“What the heck do you mean by dreams?” The gruff Frog spurt out.  Max sighed, and looked up to him.

“Vampires don’t, no can’t dream.  The only time they dream is when it is about pain towards the person they are supposed to be with; their mate.  The only way they are really meant to be together is if they both have the dream.  If only one person, usually the vampire has the dream there are…complications.” The Frog Brothers looked dumbfounded, and Max turned to me.  He looked livid as he kept his gaze on Sam.  “Either way, she isn’t staying.”

“Max, you have no right to do that to Marko.” Dwayne jumped up.

“I have no right?” Max chuckled.  “I am the Sire and you are my kin, not the other way around.  I can do whatever I feel young one.  That includes getting rid of the pest.”

“But...if they’re supposed to be together, why would you do that?” Laddie whispered, hiding behind Dwayne.

“It doesn’t matter if they’re supposed to be together.”

 “That’s a lie Max,” David growled.  “It does matter because they are supposed to be with one another.  There is only one true person who you are meant to be with for eternity, and just because Lucy wasn’t the one for you doesn’t mean you can tear apart Marko from Sam.  They are meant for each other, and that should be enough reasoning.”

“You are young, and don’t know how it works.  You are too young to find that special someone, and make mistakes, rather unfortunate mistakes.  That also leads to problems.”  Max said, turning around to face David, and for once, David tensed up.

“Yes, I made a mistake with Star.  I never had the dreams, but Marko has.  He has seen her in pain and hasn’t been able to do a thing about it.  He awoke in the middle of the day because of how harsh the dream was.  Doesn’t that prove anything?  And, age doesn’t matter, you know that.  You can find your mate no matter how long you’ve held your position as a vampire.  Marko has been with us for more than forty years, can’t you just accept it?”

“No.  That entire family of hers is trouble.  First with Michael; he was hesitant.  And then Lucy…” he faded off.  “Now, I’m not going to put my family in any more danger with these mere humans.” Lies, all lies.