Run-Samantha

Well, I’m back.  I can’t ask for you all to forgive me for not posting when I promised, but I’m sorry.  Here you all go.  Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you guys think!

Chapter 21

Brooke’s Pov

“Sammy, it’s time to wake up.” I heard Marko murmur, his breath hot on my neck.  As I had turned, I realized I was not plagued by the dreams of the stranger.  Instead I met the blue-ish-grey eyes of none other than the curly haired Marko, a Cheshire grin plastered on his face.

“What time is it?” I whispered.

“Time to wake up.” He said, grinning. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

“So.” He said.

“So…” I repeated.  “What’s the plan?” he smiled, too sitting up.

“Boardwalk.” he said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Is that all you do?  Go to the boardwalk?” I questioned.

“No, that’s not all we do.” He grinned.  He is mocking me!

“No, I’m not.” He said, the grin still on his face.

“Okay, okay then.” I said, and moved over, pulling myself to the side of the bed so that I could stand up.  Marko followed in suit, and once standing I looked around.  It was filthy in here.  And so, so, old looking.

“What do you expect, this place has been abandoned for about eighty years.” I shook my head. 

“How long have you guys stayed here?”

“For a while.” He said calmly, taking my hand.

“If you’ve been here for a while, and sleep in here, haven’t you thought of cleaning it up a little?” I asked, once again glancing around the place.  He grinned like an idiot, like I had missed something, and shook his head.  Without another word, he walked to the door, my hand still in his, and dragged me down the corridor.

At the end the others were waiting, all taking quietly, even quieter than I could hear.  As we approached, they stopped, and their faces were calm, or in Paul’s case, smug.

“Still playing safe?” he asked, looking like he just walked in on something.    Marko scoffed.

“What does it matter to you?” I asked slowly, suddenly grinning.  This was going to be some fun…I hope.  He looked at me shocked, whether it is what I said or even the fact that I spoke first, but he quickly composed his look back to one of sheer interest.

“Oh, so not playing safe.” He assumed, smirking.  Dwayne, David, Marko, and even the kid, Laddie, looked on, all carrying the look of question and slight curiosity.