I'm Sorry

Chapter 11

Sam’s Pov

No.  This can’t be!  This can’t be true!  Not Marko, he can’t be one of them!  He seemed so peaceful, so beautiful.  They all did, but Marko was the one to stand out above the rest.  Listen to yourself Sammy, he’s the bad guy!  The room was spinning; this was too much to take.  Before I knew it, Edgar was climbing up a makeshift ladder, coming closer to the sleeping figures.  Pulling a wooden stake from his backpack, he continued upwards…towards Marko!

“How do we know who the head is?” Alan asked.

“We don’t.  We will have to kill them all.  First come, first staked.”

What to do, this can’t be happening.  They are aiming towards Marko!  They can’t kill him, not the one person that has made my time here worth it.  What has he done to deserve this!?!  Sam, they are killers… he’s a killer!  No, I can’t let them do this.

“Goodnight bloodsucker.”  Edgar grunted, raising the stake.  No, no, no!

“Marko, no!” I screamed.  They can’t hurt him!  His eyes darted open, bright red. 

Marko’s Pov

Sam?  That was her.  How is she here?

Sam’s Pov

Losing his grip on the bar, Marko fell; but not before Edgar could strike.  He hit him just above his belly-button, and it earned an ear piercing scream.  The others awoke with pure hate in their eyes.  Marko landed right before me, squirming viciously, blood spurting out of the wound. His eyes were brimming with tears, he looked vulnerable.  Edgar and Alan jumped from the ladder.  

“You’re dead meat!”  Turning I saw the blond mulleted one drop from the bar, pursuing after the Frog brothers.  They ran, leaving me for dead.  Thanks a lot, some friends they are…

The screams continued, and turning back, I saw Marko surrounded by the other two vampires.  The blood was seeping slowly now, and the squirming was dying down.  No!  He can’t die!  Tears were falling from my eyes.  Why does this make me feel awful?  Why should I care about a killer?

Kneeling next to him, I got hisses from the others.  What are they going to do, just stand there!?  I placed my hands on the stake, and slowly pulled until it would let up.  That earned another shriek come from Marko, and tossing the bloodied stake aside, the two vampires looked purely confused.  Pulling out the blade from my back pocket, despair flashed over my face.  What are you doing Sam?  This is the only way to help him.  Without registering it, I sliced my right wrist and placed it over his cracked lips.  Instantaneously his eyes opened, and he grasped my hand, holding it against his mouth.

  Marko’s Pov

Blood, her sweet blood…Stop Marko!  You’re hurting her, you have to stop!  You love her, don’t kill her!  Tears wouldn’t stop flowing, I can’t control the thirst!  Stop Marko, stop!