Who Did This?

Chapter 9

Marko’s Pov

Strange home.  No one there from what I could see.  It was the middle of the night and the moon shone down brightly.  Soon there were laughs, the laughs of a killer.  The guys were nowhere to be seen, so who could it be?  Making the way over to the door, I saw three people.  Max was there…why was he here?  Next was Michael…wait, something’s wrong.  There was someone pinned against a wall.  Who?…Sam.  No, not Sam, anyone but her.  “Now become part of the family Michael.” Max beamed.  No, don’t! Don’t hurt her. “No Michael!” I screamed.  His eyes were red and he wouldn’t listen.  Soon everything went black.

“Nooooo!” I screamed.  The cavern was empty; I was the only one still asleep. “Not this again, no more dreams…”

David was the only one in the cave, lounging in his wheelchair.  Nonchalantly he looked up. “Marko, I went to see Max.  It’s about that girl.”

Sam’s Pov

The days dragged on and the bruises weren’t going away too well.  Spending every day at the Frogs’ shop became a habit.  Edgar didn’t say much to this but Alan didn’t complain.  Mike left me alone, but the couple times that I saw him he only glared my way.  Mom was abnormally nice, letting me go out to see my two friends in town.  She spent almost every night on a date with the guy named Max, so seeing her was rare.  Gramps was always cheerful though, and seemed to use more Windex when he saw the Widow Johnson. Marko…I haven’t seen Marko in days.  Hope he isn’t ‘missing’.

The ride down to the Frogs’ store was longer than normal; I really need to add air to the tires.  Once I got there the boardwalk was crowded.  Instead of having the bike stolen I walked into the shop with it.  The boys were lounging around like always.

“Hey Sam” Alan smiled.  Edgar only grunted.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked slightly pointing in Edgar’s direction.

“He got dumped…” Alan faded off.  Edgar… girlfriend?!?!  What the heck!

“Thought I was crazy for saying vampires exist.” Edgar mumbled. Sounds like a pretty logical reason, but hey, there are other reasons I would break up with a guy like Edgar.  Sam, be nice!  It was probably his first girlfriend, be a little sympathetic!

“Sorry about that.” I said, patting him on the back.  He grunted again.  To get his mind off of it I went over to the front door and flipped the ‘Open’ sign to ‘Closed’. 

“What the heck is that for?” Edgar asked, looking up.  I only smiled.

“Guys, when was the last time you enjoyed the boardwalk?” neither answered.  “Well, there are better things to do than stay in here all day.” I said, opening the door.  Edgar grunted and stood up while Alan stood shocked. 

We walked around for a while, stopping to get burgers at this older place from the 50’s.  The place was pretty run down, but the food was good.  Before we knew it we rode every ride on the boardwalk, and now it was dark.  Finally realizing what time it was we ran back to the shop, scared of being out this late.  Mike will be up by now…this is bad.