Help Her

Chapter 14

Marko’s Pov

Paul went over to where the bottle is stored and froze.

“What’s the problem?” 

“The bottle…” he started

“What about the bottle?”  I practically yelled.

“Someone smashed it!”  Turning, I saw Michael shift his weight, a slight smirk on his face.

“Without the bottle, just slit your wrist Marko.” David rapidly said.

“What?  You’re not going to make my sister a monster!”  Michael said, charging forward.  Dwayne jumped up and grabbed him by the shoulders just before he rammed into me.  He struggled and yelled out when he was thrown across the room, landing on top of a coffee table.  Lucy and Star shrieked, and ran over to him.  He groaned out in pain, and Dwayne chuckled, stepping back.  Looking down, Sam was out of it, even with the yelling going on.  She needs the blood.

“Marko, you have to now; she is getting too weak.”  Paul shot up, running over.

“No!”  The oh-so-quiet Frog Brother’s piped up.  How much more disruption must there be?  Grunting, I looked up, and they were scurrying over to the couches.  They finally reached us, and abruptly stopped.  They were staring at Sammy; she was too pale, her breathing shallow.  I have to help her.

“Would you rather have her dead?”  I spat out to them.  They were taken back, and stared at one another for a moment.

“N-no.  Help her.”  The taller of the two stuttered out.  How surprising, they wanted this for her, for they stepped back, waiting.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” the shorter, gruffer one said.  I was truly surprised.  I bit into my wrist, and opened her lips ever so slightly.  Come on Sammy. 

“Sammy, you need to swallow.”  I gently spoke.  She didn’t stir.

“Come on Sam.”  I said, opening her mouth a little more.  Still nothing.  I was desperate, and oh-so gently guided it down her throat.  She coughed, but now drank. 

“Get away from my baby!”  Lucy screamed, and ran forward.  Max laughed and pursued after her.  She screamed even louder, and then I heard a loud crack.  The Frog Brother’s gasped, and turning, I saw Lucy, limp, her head wobbling about in Max’s grip.

“No!  Mom!”  Mike shouted.  I’ve had just about enough of him.  I laid Sammy down on the couch and darted to Michael.  He shrieked and backed away when he saw me. 

“Are you afraid to face me Michael?”  I shouted.  He froze.  “Good; you better be.”  I spat.  Everything turned red and I lunged at him.  I jumped up and latched onto his arm.  He will feel pain till the moment he is dead.  He will never hurt Sammy, my Sammy again.  I ran back, and darted past his side.  I heard a satisfying crunch and saw his limp arm dangling in my hands.

 Star screamed, and was followed by a persistent David.  Turning back, tears stained Michael’s face.  What a baby; I’ll show him real pain.  I grabbed his head and he tried jerking away.  I twisted and pulled until his head was barely attached to his body.  With another yank I dropped his body, and carried his head to one of the fire pits, dropping it in with a chuckle.  Paul whooped, and Dwayne was laughing.  David stood, blood-stained, just like me, and threw Star’s mangled body into a fire pit as well. 

The Frog Brothers were by Laddie, and all three were sitting, their eyes tightly shut, covering their ears.  What a sight to see.  David cleared his throat, and they all jumped up.  Sitting down, I held Sammy close to me.  Her heartbeat was steadier, but she was still just as pale.  I sliced up my wrist again and held it to her.

“Just a little more Sammy.”

Sam’s Pov

Everything was cold, and I was tired.  “Just a little more Sammy.”  Who was that?  Marko?

All of a sudden there was warmth, dripping onto my tongue.  “You need to swallow.”  I willingly listened and soon the warmth spread to my feet, my arms, my head, my heart.  It was all welcoming, comforting; and I craved it.  Something moved, and the warmth stopped flowing, but the cold didn’t come back.

Marko’s Pov

She didn’t deny it, but welcomed the blood.  I drew back my wrist, and Sam’s heartbeat leveled out.  She will be safe now, my Sammy.  Paul and David got rid of the bodies, and Dwayne was comforting Laddie with little nothings.  Max was quiet, and seemed to be lost in his own world.  The Frog Brothers were shaking, sitting down across from me on another couch.  They were both looking at Sammy with tired eyes.  Their silence was uncomfortable, and I looked up to them. 

“So,” I started.  They wearily looked up.  “how did you guys get to be part of this?”

They looked to each other, and the gruff one, less gruff now, slowly responded, “Sam said something was wrong with her brother…” they winced “and she wanted help…”  They knew what Michael did to her.

“You knew.”  I said, more venomously than I wanted.  They quietly nodded, and the other spoke “We provided protection during the day.  After Mike…” he faded off, but quickly regained composure “she always came into the shop after it happened.”  We were all quiet after that.

Sam started to toss and turn twenty minutes later and the fog was lifting from her eyes.  She unknowingly pulled away and I lowly growled, pulling her back.  I will never let her go.  She stiffened and slowly opened her eyes.

“M-Marko?” she croaked out.  I held her closed, and heard the taller of the Frog Brothers gulp.  He looked …uncomfortable?  Had he liked her?  My Sammy?  Well apparently not enough to abandon her with four vampires.  She is mine.

“She’s still a bit weak.” Dwayne said observantly.

“Yeah, he’s right.  Once she feeds she’ll feel better.”

Sam’s Pov

What does he mean feed?

Marko’s Pov

“She needs her rest for now.  She’ll feed tomorrow.”  David said, lighting a cigarette.  The Frog’s tensed, but tried to hide it.  Max seemed to pop out of his daze at this.

“No.”  He said firmly.  “Get rid of her.”  Now I tensed up.

Whoo Hoo for the longest chapter yet!  Hope you enjoy.