To Heal Takes Love

I was always aware even in my sleep. I heard everything, smelt everything and though I was dreaming I felt a presence. Was it just a bit of fear I held on to since the early nights activities? Maybe but the sudden smell of sage and then nothing as if the presence never existed in the first place alarmed me. I opened my eyes and looked at my watch 2:15 a.m. I sighed, "Only lonely souls are up past midnight."

I took a quick glance at my room in all directions everything in its natural place but then the moonlight shined bright against my skin and the breeze came then tickling my cheeks making me smile. It didn't last long though I felt a burning sensation when my back met the sheets of my bed and I realized...The window was closed when I lied down to sleep.

My heart was screaming but I found courage and got out of my bed I moved with a fluidity I had never realized I had I was determined to find out what or who was here with me. I pushed back the sounds of my heart beat drumming through my ear and listened I could hear Felix breathing outside my room he was probably sent to make sure I didn't sneak out again. I listened deeper, inhaled deeper, I felt nothing out of the ordinary.  I was beginning to feel perplexed and angry I turned around toward my bed. My back no longer felt warm but reaching towards my bed out of instinct I felt a warmth coming off my bed.

Instantly I dropped to my knees and pulled the bed skirt up and saw him. I little boy maybe 10 ..11? He had dark hair that looked wet with what seemed to be sweat. I reached out to him he growled at me but I could smell the fear on him now that I was this close. I put my fingers to my lips, "Shh, they will hear you, I promise I'm not going to hurt you. Wait here."

Like he was going anywhere. I went to my medium sized closet and rearranged some of the clothes on the lower rack on the right side. He was small he would fit and since that was where all my incense and herbs were his scent if it came back at all it would be hidden.

I quickly and quietly went back to his side, "Come here sweetie." He winced as I pulled him from underneath his arms. I tried to lightly drag him. "Shhh sweetie if they find us we will both be in trouble I know it hurts please, please. He was breathing hard and his clothes were soaked in sweat. I set him down to let him rest.  I grabbed two pillows and set it up in the closet along with a plush blanket. I went to the mini fridge that sat just beside my lamp post and pulled a bottle of water. "Don't make a single sound don't even take a breath understand?" He nodded lightly.

I opened the door, "Astrada do you mind keeping everyone away from my door I have a bad headache and everyone's scent is giving my whiplash." Felix Astrada was his full name I just called him Astrada. Just felt right I guess. His green eyes and dark hair were dashing as always Id try for him but he was a little too short--my 5'5 and his 5'0 just didn't look cute in pictures.

"Are you okay? Should I bring Alpha or Richard?" He asked placing his hand on the door frame.

"Mmm, no Im alright besides I have a bunch of water here that Rich got for me. Thanks though Astrada." He gave me a nod and disappeared, I locked my door behind myself and went back to his side.

"Alright that should buy us some breathing room kay." I turned back to the boy and he looked to have passed out cold. His dark hair was still covering his eyes so I couldn't tell if he was awake. "Okie dokie, I'll have to be quick." I decided to pick him up. it was about ten feet to the other side of my room where the closet was. 

I scooped him up his thin stature was definitely a fluke the kid was heavy he may have been lean but it was all muscle. I leaned him down head first and swooped his legs over he gave a small groan but didn't move. I needed light I didn't even know what was wrong with him. Seeing in the dark is a great skill but when I need to see different shades of colors it was kinda useless. I pulled my Iphone outta my Nubia pajamas and turned on the flashlight.

He was wearing a pair of heavy, black, carpenter pants and a black v-neck shirt. The pants were moist with some type of sticky residue it had a sweet smell like cherry syrup and licorice and marshmallows. Erghh, nasty. It was a familiar smell that I couldn't quite place. I looked through his pocket to see if he had any type of identification on him there wasn't any but their was a leaf which cut my finger as I retrieved it.

"God damned thing. Gah-lee." The cut was small but burned to no end like 10 paper cuts across one another. "Oh no, Sweetie, hey! Crap!"  I know what this is...Stinging Nettles!!! I need to see to be sure. I grabbed a pair of scissors and starting cutting his puckered shirt.

His skin had scratches all over. It looked like a bunch of almost-asterisks and almost-pound signs and dots all over him. He was sticky with some type of nectar or something that came from this plant. I had to act fast or this kid would die. Stinging Nettles..remembering how to slow the poison and make the antidote I turned on the light in my closet hoping no one would realise I was up.

I made a warm compress with baking soda and water and started to pat it all over his chest. Good thing I keep baking soda and bottled water in my closet. He stopped holding his breath and left out a sigh of relief. I was right guess being a nerd had its pay offs. I looked over the rest of his body and saw his stomach and legs got the worst of it. I went back to my bathroom and turned the sink on plugging it up and took the baking soda that I usually used for facials and added it to the water and then soaked the towel in it and finally laid the somewhat rang out towel on top of him.  His forehead was still showing signs of fever.

I put some herbal medicine under his tongue to dissolve. Hopefully that would keep him from getting worse.