Upon My Dead Body

I woke up in an empty bed. Alone.

My heart sank for but a single moment then scrunching up in a ball covering my head with the blankets I counted to three before launching myself out of bed making a B-line for the bathroom. The hot water felt good against my skin. I used the body wash he had in his bathroom and pulled my hair up into a cute curly bun and turned the water off.

I searched for my bag and when I found it knocked over to the side memory of yesterday flooded my mind. I shook my head desperate to get my mind out of the gutter. The demanding smell of bacon seized my thoughts I was thankful as I grabbed whatever clothing I could find and took off toward breakfast. Coming to the kitchen I noticed the emptiness of the room. I peeked around the corner and saw Aaron cooing bacon with a hot pink apron that said "kiss me I'm cooking" on it.

"I'm cooking for you ya know..so you can stop," he paused slightly putting some eggs next to the bacon on the massive island, "glaring at me and being mad because you woke up in an empty bed." I had already taken the bacon in my hand and was eating it by the time he finished his speech I wasn't listening honestly.

"Nom. Nom." I giggled as he gave me a look. My smile was quickly wiped away by a smell. I took a couple bites of my food and smelled it. I took my plate and looked toward the living room there were a few men playing video games and one napping in an awkward position but it wasn't them that I was smelling.

I kept eating as I searched for the cause of my alarm. Everything seemed normal but the smell was nagging and to be honest it stole my concentration from my hunger.

"Screw this" I put my food down and Aaron stopped me.

"Hey, you can smell it right?" I nodded and asked where is she.

He nudged his head to the right, "Upstairs. You know the men don't know just how bad things have gotten but they suspect something soon. What ever you can do, please do it."

I think my nod gave him a feel of security but in all honesty I had no freaking Idea if what I could do would even really help but none the less we went to the upstairs portion of the building. With every breath and step the smell got stronger and more sharp. I tried to ignore my instinct to gag.

"Some thing happened a few yrs back..I don't know why.." He followed me closely like my shadow.

The hallway had many doors but I stopped infront of the second to the left The smell seemed to be leaking around the door.

"Oh, god yep, this is definitely where shes at." He frowned at my reaction.

"Before we go in you must understand something Ali. We are Lions. If we die we die with dignity." His eyes bore deep into my soul touching things that made me shiver, his words were absolute and if I made the wrong choice...I should fear for my life.

"Understood." I tried to step back from him but his grasp was tight.

"I should hope so." He released me lightly and smoothly moved past me knocking on the door twice. The door opened a crack after a moment and we came into the room Aaron signaled for me to close it behind myself and I did.

"Luz? How are you today?" Aaron moved to her side blocking my view so all I could see at first was her long black hair as the braid fell down the side of the bed.

"Im okay Tomcat," She joked before being interrupted by a heavy cough, "No did you bring someone in here--I dont want anyone to see me! " I could feel her sadness and shame but wort of all I felt her sickness as it weighed heavy on her heart.

"I'm here to help..that is if you will have me. " I said leaning against the door no looking at her I would wait til she wanted my help.

"No, NO I said!" she said tears in her voice as it cracked.