Omnes Insurgit Infernus

Chapter 6

Omnes Insurgit Infernus

     All Hell Rises

       Elena Gilbert had run out of tears, a feat she'd never thought possible.

She sat alone in the darkness, her heartbeat the only noise now. The doppelganger had tried to sleep, but her fear of never waking up was too great. It was almost a relief, what happened next.

The lights were thrown on and in strolled a dark haired man. He wore a fancy pressed suit, and his pale skin contrasted severely with his haunted dark eyes, and there was an unearthly look to his entire being. Something about him set Elena's teeth on edge. "Hallo, darling!" He sang in a distinctly Irish accent.

"Let me go! Please! I'm not who you want! I'm Elena Gilbert!"

He rolled his eyes dramatically, coming closer and closer to her chair. "Doll, this only works if you aren't boring. I hate boring things." He rolled onto the balls of his feet and back childishly, hands in pants pockets.

"I'm so boring though," said Elena desperately. He sauntered around her chair, arching an eyebrow, almost examining her. "Well, you're not her."

"Who are you?" she asked.

"One of my minions was in here earlier, doll. She told me some interesting things about you," he drawled.

"I'm boring!" exclaimed Elena, praying that this madman would let her go if she wasn't what he was after; he hadn't even wanted to kidnap her, why would he keep her now? But why would that make him want to let you go? a small voice whispered in her mind.

He smirked. "Don't be silly. When things I have are useless, I get rid of them."

If Elena could've cried, she would've there and then. "Please let me go."

The man wrinkled his nose at her. "Elena Gilbert, I assume? So you weren't lying. Your attitude," he shook his head. "Well, let's just say that not everybody you know has sealed lips."

She froze. "I thought you were trying to kidnap someone else? How do you know who I am?"

He grinned, bending down so the two of them were face to face. "Simple," he breathed quietly, "I'm not boring. And that was one of the first things you screamed at me when I walked in. Plus, I just told you about your own little Pettigrew."

Did he just make a Harry Potter reference?

He squinted at her. "You look like her..." he leaned in closer and closer until his lips were on Elena's. They were freezing cold, like they'd kissed the devil himself. She froze, too horrified to try to move away from the lips that tasted like death. After a second or two, he broke away, smirking. "But you couldn't pass for her in a million years, doll. Tell you what," he stood. "I frankly don't care about you. You're impossibly dull; if you agree to a term or two, I'll let you to walk out of here and toddle back to the sunshine life you lead." 

"Anything," Elena agreed readily, would massacre everybody in Mystic Falls for the chance to get out of here. "I swear, just let me out of here."

He smirked triumphantly, leaning back on his heels, releasing the chair handles his hands had been gripping. "I'd never believe the two of you were related. It's the fine print of a contract that really matters. I own you now, body and soul. All because you were too stupid to wait for my terms." He smirked. "But because of that, I'll let you leave. But don't forget," he wagged a finger at her repeatedly, then leaned in close to her, lowering his voice to an ominous whisper, "when I tell you to jump, if you don't immediately ask how high, you'll suffer a fate worse than death," he smiled like the madman Elena was sure he was. "And I've been dead; it's vaguely boring. Even you'd go mad, trust me. No one'll care about you then. Funny for you to be on that side of things, wouldn't it be? Almost tempting." He looked behind Elena at nothing. "Then again... Let's spice things up a bit. What would make your life interesting? How about ... if you kiss the man you love, I'll give you a nice little present. A hellhound, which will kill everything in its path. Everything. And I'll place it right in the middle of your quaint little town. After it kills everyone you love plus a few civilians, it will carry you, body and soul, into hell. Nothing too drastic for the first request."