Similar Blood

Chapter 7

        Damon reached for Elena as she fell, and I remained frozen, too shocked to move. I wasn't a vampire. What was I?

Caroline threw the doors open, Stefan and Jeremy following her. "Damon!" she yelled. "Where're Leighanne and Elena? They're missing!"

"Elena," Damon whispered to my sister, her head cradled in his arms. "Elena, please wake up," he said, biting into his wrist and pressing the blood into her mouth, coaxing her to drink it. Immediately, she began coughing and spat the blood out. Damon frowned, then shook her gently. "Elena? Elena, wake up."

I ran out of the room, an uneasy feeling in my bones. Stefan walked in the door with Jeremy, who upon seeing me, ran to me and hugged me. "Leighanne, what's going on? You've been missing for days."

"What?" How was that possible?

"You and Elena just dropped off the face of the earth, where were you?"

"I- I don't know-" I stammered, unable to understand anything that was going on.

Screaming, Caroline ran straight into me. "Leighanne! Where were you?!"

"What happened?" I ignored her question. 

"Stefan- he just- vanished!"

I blinked, and she was no longer there. "Caroline? Where are you?"

"Not funny, Care," Jeremy yelled.

A shiver ran down my spine. Instinctively, I grabbed Jeremy's arm and ran towards the library, where I'd left Damon and Elena. "Run!"

I ran into the room to find Elena on the ground, choking and twitching, and Damon gone. We ran to Elena. 

"What's wrong with her?" Jer demanded.

I couldn't even speak, then I was left holding air. Jeremy was gone. I screamed and shook Elena. "Elena! Wake up! Please! We have to go!"

Her eyes opened, revealing orbs unlike anything I'd ever seen. Images flashed through my mind, and I watched as my palm rested on her forehead. There was a scream. Flames licked everything, their heat burning through me. Then just white.

        Pain coursed through me. Just pain and nothingness. I could become the nothingness or the pain could eat me alive.

"Leia Gilbert, by the Power of the Celestial Court, I command you to awaken."

I felt my back pressed to something soft, then everything blurring and suspension, then smacking onto something cold and hard.

"Please refrain from your dramatics, Leia Gilbert," a frosty voice said disdainfully.

Muttering, I opened my eyes slowly, allowing shapes to form. The three women that had been there before I'd blacked out. I jumped to my feet and grabbed the knife I kept under my bed, brandishing it wildly. "Who are you? What did you give me? Why are you here?"

The blonde in the navy blazer -Head Secretary- rolled her eyes. "Such a spectacle, Leia, is unnecessary."

"Why are you calling me Leia?" I demanded.

The willowy light blonde haired girl -Tinker Bell- peered at me, her green eyes lit curiously. "Isn't that your name? You said that when you were younger."

My conversation with Elena when I was in that dream-world-place -had it really happened?- came back to me. I exhaled shakily. My mind was a jumble. "No. Not- not Elena. No. You killed her- why-"