Chapter 9

Tobias POV
No one has seen Tris, Zeke or Uriah all day which is weird especially for Uriah he has usually done something stupid by now. I feel like something isn't right , so i decided to go to their apartment.
-
-
-
When i arrive i knock on the door a couple times but there is no answer so i knock again , after i wait a few minutes i see Marlene run down the corridor with tears down her face before she can get any further i stop her and ask "whats wrong" she looks up at me with a questioning look on her face and says "Haven't Zeke and Uriah called you?" "no why?" "I wont tell you here come with me" and I do as she says and i finally realise where we are going... The infirmary. My head is now swimming with the worst thoughts, I keep trying to push them out and think that it could be something minor but then why would Marlene be balling her eyes out.
-
-
-
A soon as we reach the infirmary i am greeted by Zeke and Uriah they look terrible almost as if they haven't slept in years , their cheeks are tear stained and their eyes are blood shot. They both hug me and i ask them whats going on and Zeke looks at me beginning to tear up and says " It's Tris last night she fell and hit her head very badly. She lost a lot of blood and the impact caused her brain to swell which they managed to relieve pressure from but she has gone in to a coma and there is only a 50% chance that she will wake up" he says the last bit sobbing i just stare in to space for a while. If I had walked her home it wouldn't of happened, this is all my fault. I am snapped out of my daze by Shauna and Lynn arriving. I ask Zeke is i can go see her and he says "sure man".
-
-
-
When I go in i am shocked by what i see, Tris is still and pale with stitches in her head and she is surrounded by machines with wires stuck to her and a tube in her mouth. I let a tear fall from my eye and go over to her I kiss her cheek and hold her hand then sit on the chair next to her. I
have to be quiet with what i say because no one knows that me and Tris are together still, so i whisper to her "Hey Tris, i'm so sorry I can't help but think that all this is my fault and if I had walked you home you would still be running around pranking people or whatever it is that you Pedrads do. I promise that when you wake up because I know that you will because you are a fighter that I will never let you get hurt again by anyone or anything, I know that you probably can't hear me and i imagined myself saying this to you in a different situation but Tris I love you and I just want you to stay with me because with out you I am un happy and my life just isn't worth living" by now I am slightly sobbing. "... I love you".