Chapter 16

Tobias POV
I'm sitting in the cafeteria drinking coffee to try and wake myself up, I could hardly sleep last night, my head was spinning with thoughts. What if Tris ends it with me because of her brothers? I don't even know if she loves me she hasn't actually said it to me yet, I remember just before her brother walked in on us i told her I loved her but instead of saying I love you she said I like you. I'm not pressuring her to say it because maybe she just isn't ready yet but it makes me think, what if i am unlovable? Thats what Marcus used to tell me when he was beating me. Could it be true? I know Tris could do so much better than me and i'm selfish for letting her be with me but the truth is I just wouldn't be able to let her go. I am brought out of my train of thought by a pair of small hands going over my eyes and whisper in my ear "guess who?" I know it is Tris but I thought I would mess around with her a bit "hmmm... Is it Uriah?" She giggles and flicks me in the head. She looks at me still smiling and says "Can we talk, maybe at the spot my the chasm?" What if this is it? What if she ends it now? I nod and take her hand as we walk there.
-
-
-
Tris POV
When we arrive at the Chasm we sit on our rock I just look out and take in the view completely forgetting what I was going to say. I can feel Tobias' stare burning in to me actually looking scared I wonder why? I finally speak up "So brother said i'm aloud to see you!!" He breathes a sigh of relief then smiles and kisses me. I pull back "why did you look so worried?" He looks at the floor and says "I thought you were going to end it with me" I look at him shocked that he could ever think something like that if anything i should be the one worrying about him ending it with me, he's so perfect and i'm just my sickly pale self. He looks at me angrily then slightly yells "How could you ever think about yourself like that. You are beautiful. I can't believe you don't see it. I'm so lucky to have you, everyday I watch as other guys stare at you and I wonder why you're with me when you could be with one of them" I lean over and kiss him with a passion then say "I'm with you because I couldn't even think of anyone better!" After that we get in to a full make out session and I end up straddling his lap, we pull away for air and I look at him in the eyes whispering "I love you" I always thought it but never said it because I was scared he didn't feel the same, even though he had said it but I wasn't confident that he meant it but now I realise he does. He looks at me with a beaming smile and says "Say it again" "Tobias" I say "I love you"

A/N sorry its a short chapter I promise to update more tomorrow 👍🏻