{C3}

Avery's POV

"Jade, I need 2 bags of popcorn and a pretzel." I said, taking the woman's money and giving her change.

"Here." She said, handing me the popcorn.

"It'll be a minute on the pretzel." The lady stood to the side, waiting. We have a summer job working at a ball park concession stand. It's hard work, but the pay is good.

"Babe, I'm tired." Jade said.

"Same. Look on the bright side though. We get paid today." I said.

"Yes. I need to go take a nap I'm so excited." Jade said, cleaning the sticky slushy mix off of the counter with a wet wash rag. I pulled out my phone and checked Twitter. My eyes widened and I ran to Jade.

"Jc tweeted me back." I said, jumping up and down. Jade pulled out her phone.

"Kian tweeted me back." She said. We both started jumping up and down.

"Okay. Read it." I told her. I read mine.

//jccaylen// @averylynn I miss you too baby girl. You and Jade should come down and visit. Me and Kian will fly you out here. The plane tickets will be sent to you. DM us your address. See you in a few days angel. Love you :)

//AveryLynn// @jccaylen Okay. We're down. I'm so excited. Love you too!

"Avery, we have to go." Jade said. 

"I don't know Jade. We just drop everything and go to Cali? That's so far away." I said.

"We're just going for a few days babe. Please?" She practically begged.

"Jc's in a relationship. He looks so happy with her and I don't know how I'll handle seeing them together. The feelings we used to have for each other, mine are still there. I don't know if his are or not. I don't want to make him second guess himself. I don't want to get in the way." I told her.

"You love him, and I correct?" She asked, I nodded my head.

"Correct." I said.

"Then maybe him second guessing his feelings for you is a good thing." She made a good point.

"Okay, okay. We'll go." I said, she started jumping up and down.

"I DMed Jc our address so we have to wait until the tickets get here." I said.

"Okay. I can't wait. I get to see my love muffin." She said, I laughed so hard I snorted.

"Get back to work." I said. The woman's pretzel was done. I took it out of the microwave and it was a little too done, I handed it to her.

"Yeah, it's a little burnt. Maybe more than a little." She gave me an angry look.

"Bye Felicia." I waved my hand and ran.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avery's POV

After work, we went home and I laid down. I can't believe we're going to Cali. I can't believe I get to see Jc again. It's been a whole year. I hope things are the same between us. My phone buzzed on my bed. I had a Twitter notification.

//jccaylen// Hey...

//AveryLynn// Hey..

//jccaylen// So, how have you been? 

//AveryLynn// Awshum. Me and Jade live together and we work at the same place. 

//jccaylen// Cool babe, what do to do?

//AveryLynn// We work at a baseball field concession stand. It sounds sucky, I know, but it pays really good.

//jccaylen// That's awshum dude😂

//AveryLynn// Yeah..haha 

It started to get awkward, that's what I was scared of.

//jccaylen// I'm so sorry..

//AveryLynn// For what? 

//jccaylen// For leaving you..when I knew how you felt about me. 

//jccaylen// I promised I wouldn't ever leave you, and I did. You needed me. I'm sorry.

//AveryLynn// It's fine Jc. Look where you're at now. I couldn't be more proud of you and Kian. 

//jccaylen// I still remember the feelings I felt, when I was still with you..

//AveryLynn// it's fine Jc..you moved on..I get it. You're happy with Lia. Don't let your past feelings for me get in the way of your happiness.

//jccaylen// I miss you..

//AveryLynn/ I miss you too...so, so much..

//jccaylen// I'll see you in a few days baby girl...

//AveryLynn// bye..

I laid my phone back on the bed. I flipped over, my eyes struggling to stay open. The last thing I thought about was my last day with Jc before he left.

"I have to go baby girl." Jc said, walking away.

"So, you're just going to leave." I said, incredibly upset. I need him.

"Don't do this Avery. Not now." Jc said.

"What? Get upset because I love you  and you're leaving. Don't worry about me, you'll find someone better." I said. 

"Maybe I will.." He said, turning around.

"You wouldn't.." I said, hoping he'd turn back around and look at me.

"Obviously not Avery. Do you have any idea how much I love you? Do you think I want to leave? That I have any other choice? I can't start a career here. I have to leave. I'm sorry angel, but I have to go." He said, walking closer to me. He looked me deep in the eyes and something in me broke. Tears started streaming down my cheeks and I buried my face in his stomach.

"I'm scared." I said, breathlessly. I was crying so hard.

"Scared of what?" He asked me.

"That I'll stay here, being in love with you. Waiting for you, and you won't come back. You'll find someone, who makes you happier than I do. I'll watch you grow up, you won't need me anymore. You'll forget all about me." I said.

"I could never love anyone the way I love you Avery. I'm never going to forget you. After everything we've been through, and everything you've don't for me..how could I?" He said, grabbing my face and caressing my cheeks with his hands. 

"I love you Jc." I said, hiccuping from crying so hard. He smiled at me.

"I love you too beautiful." He said, kissed me, then left.