Chapter Five: Laughter And A Strange Event

Ahsoka

A few hours later, Ahsoka awoke to the chiming over the ship's intercom that meant that the ship would be coming out of hyperspace within the next few minutes. She opened her eyes, but her vision was still blurry. She tried to reach a hand up to wipe the optical fluid away so she could see properly, but something was restricting her from moving too much. She pushed against it, but it wouldn't budge.

When her vision finally cleared of its own accord, she realized that it was an arm, encircling her body, which was preventing him from moving. She turned around slightly, looking for a face, and stifled a gasp.

She had been sleeping on Lux, and his arms were around her!

Her tan cheeks burning with embarrassment, she disentangled herself from her cloak, which she remembered spreading over the two of them like a blanket. Then, she carefully slid out of his sleeping embrace and onto the floor, wincing as her skin touched the cold metal.

Suddenly, his arms seemed very inviting again.

But, sadly, there was no hope of snuggling back down – or escaping quietly to the next room, for that matter – because Lux had just woken up. He blinked sleepily, looking up at her.

"Good morning, sleepy," she said with a smile, trying to avoid any possible awkwardness that could come of the situation. "We'll be arriving on Naboo in twenty minutes, so I suggest you make yourself presentable."

He sat up, running his finger through his dark hair, which was messy from sleeping. "But I thought that I was supposed to wake up beautiful," he whined. "All of the other Senators do!"

There was a moment of perfect silence, before they both burst out laughing.

"How... How do you do that?" Ahsoka asked, standing up shakily.

"Do what?"

"Make me laugh that hard. Honestly, I don't know how you do it."

"I guess it's a gift," he said. "After all, I was always told that Jedi are cold and remote, but somehow, I only ever see you smiling. And frankly, I'm glad: I think it's absolutely beautiful."

She smiled shyly, tilting her head down slightly in an effort to make her flushed cheeks less visible. "I'll see you in a few minutes, then?"

"Yeah." With his sweet little smile that always made her heart melt when she saw it, he walked out of the room. From down the hallway, she heard him mutter something about how he was now to embark on a quest to find his hair gel.

She giggled. Apparently, not all Senators were as organized as Padme was. She walked over to the couch again, picking up her cloak. Before she could stop herself, she brought it to her face and inhaled deeply. It smelled like Lux: a mix of citrus fruit, mint and something else she couldn't quite place...

Whatever cologne he wears, I like it, she thought with a smile.

But suddenly, she felt something in the Force. It was just the tiniest flicker of a presence, but she would have recognized it anywhere. It was her Master. And if she hadn't known better, she would have thought that he was here, on this ship.

"But that's impossible," she whispered. "He can't be finished with the cleanup around Rodia already... And even if he was, why would he be here?"

Master? She tried calling through the Force. There was no reply.

Perplexed, she walked back down the hallway towards her room. Perhaps some meditation later would help, but for now, she had to get ready.

The ship touched down in one of the private docking bays near the Royal Palace of Theed. Lux and Ahsoka gathered their bags and carried them outside, leaving them with an attendant.

Ahsoka sighed, breathing in the clean, balmy air. She had always thought that it smelled like flowers, contrarily to Coruscant and Jedi Cruisers she resided in most of the time. Although she had only been to Naboo a handful of times, it was one of her favorite planets in the entire galaxy.

Lux looked over at her, and they shared a smile. But suddenly, they heard someone calling them.

"Lux! Ahsoka!"

They turned around, and Ahsoka smiled when she realized whom the call had come from. "Senator Amidala!"

Padme Amidala, the Senator for Naboo and a good friend of hers and Anakin's, rushed over to them. She enveloped Ahsoka in a hug, then took Lux's hands in her own, a warm smile on her face. "It's so good to see you both!"

"Likewise, Senator Amidala," Lux said with a smile.

The aforementioned Senator gave him a look. "Lux, how many times have I told you to call me Padme? 'Senator Amidala' is too impersonal for close friends. And the same goes for you, Ahsoka."

"All right, Sen– Padme," Ahsoka corrected herself.

"Now come," Padme said. "The Queen is waiting to speak with you."

*SO sorry for the lack of updates! I actually finished a chapter like just now, and then I remembered that I had another one that I had forgotten to post. And then I realized that THAT one was chapter six, and that Chapter Four was the last one posted. So, therefore, enjoy THREE UPDATES IN ONE NIGHT.

So... A little bit of light Luxsoka moments, Ahsoka begins to suspect something about Anakin, and Lux and Ahsoka meet up with Padme. Onto the next chapter!