Chapter Seven: Premonitions

Ahsoka

Ahsoka and Lux waited late into the night for Padme to join them, but she never came. Finally, just when they were starting to worry, Lux found a message from her over the HoloNet, telling both of them that she would have to delay until tomorrow.

Apparently, she had had important business to attend to back in Theed.

The young Senator and the Jedi Padawan spent the rest of the day exploring Varykino, and had a few rounds of 'droidbait-clanker', a method of keeping track of one another in enemy territory the 501st had devised for when their comms were being jammed. During their free time, Anakin, Ahsoka and a few of the squadrons liked to turn it into a sort of hide-and-seek game. The rules were simple: one person would yell 'droidbait', and the others, who were hiding, had to reply 'clanker'.

Naturally, the few servants that maintained the estate had been quite puzzled to hear calls of 'droidbait!' or 'clanker!' every few minutes or so, as Lux and Ahsoka tried to find one another.

Finally, after a scrumptious dinner, they had both decided to turn in. Ahsoka knew that Lux was going to be awake a while longer, probably working on something related to the negotiations, but she was careful not to make too much noise anyways.

She changed into her sleeping clothes quickly, pausing a moment as she crossed the room, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror. She didn't see much there, but then again, she acknowledged that she had her insecurities, and that some people might think otherwise. She couldn't help but wonder if Lux was one of the few who did...

At the same time, Ahsoka hoped that he didn't and he did. She sighed, putting her hands to the sides of her face. "Don't do it, Ahsoka. Don't do it. Don't fall in love," she whispered to herself.

And so, using the Force to turn out the lights, she climbed into bed. With any luck, as she slept, she would have some sort of a dream that gave her clarity over the whole situation...

Dark. Cold. Ahsoka couldn't see light anywhere, and it was like she had never before felt the warmth of the sun on her skin.

She ran through the darkness, trying to find a sign of familiarity in the omnipresent and everlasting night. But there was nothing. She couldn't see or hear anything, and every sense of guidance that the Force gave her had disappeared.

Suddenly, the darkness exploded into light. A dizzying kaleidoscope of bits of imagery spiraled around her, lingering hardly longer than the bare minimum she needed process them.

The first fragment that stood out to her she heard a conversation.

"I'm sorry, Master, but I'm not coming back." But... That was her voice!

"I understand..." That was Anakin. "More than you realize, I understand wanting to walk away..." She couldn't hear what he said properly; the words blended together to create something she didn't understand.

"I know," she replied.

Next, she saw a battle being waged between Separatist and Republic dreadnaughts and their fighting forces above a planet. Both sides had suffered heavy casualties, but she could feel that things were about to change... Was it Coruscant?

She saw a cloaked man leading rows upon rows of soldiers into the Jedi Temple. His aura had once been an electric, cobalt blue, but now it was fractured and slowly being poisoned by veins of jet black.

She heard the screams of thousands of Jedi as their sacred Temple burned, the blaster shots of the warriors as they shot youngling upon Padawan upon Master down. But she didn't only hear the cries there: they were echoing all across the galaxy as Jedi Knights everywhere were killed mercilessly.

Anakin spoke again. "It's all her fault! She did this! When she left, she made me lose control – she pushed me over the edge, she made me kill... She made me kill everyone. I– I hate her!"

This time, she could hear rage, fear, hatred, and agony in the tone of voice. She almost couldn't believe it. She had never known him to be like that; the closest she had ever seen him to what she was feeling and hearing now was back on Mortis, and it wasn't anywhere near as strong.

Trapped in the middle of the maelstrom of emotions, images and memories, she fell to her knees. Tears streaked down her cheeks. She couldn't stand it.

Then the darkness came again, obliterating feeling, sight, hearing and touch. And this time, she welcomed it with open arms.

*does Yoda impression* Hmmmm... Premonitions... Premonitions, you say?

Ahsoka, confused about her feelings for Lux, tried to find guidance in the Force, but she didn't find the sort that she wanted and expected... I guess that the dream didn't make very much sense, but I'll try to explain at least some of it. The conversation is (obviously) from the end of Season 5 of SWTCW... *cries* But I left out the part where Anakin would practically have revealed her fate, because that might have had effects on the continuity.

The next one is from the beginning of ROtS, also obvious. The next two are from Order 66, and the last one is... Well, I'll leave it a mystery for now. I might explain it later, but it's not that hard to guess who Anakin was blaming there...

So, I'll try to post something again tomorrow (BECAUSE IT'S THE WEEKEND YAAASSSS) or the day after. UAAT is the next on the updates list, and I have to work on LtLB as well...

Bye.