Chapter Nineteen: I'll Lend You My Strength

Ahsoka

"Anakin!" Ahsoka exclaimed. "What the kriff are you doing here?"

"I think I'm currently more justified to ask that question, seeing as you're in my room," he said, crossing his arms. "And also, why were you smelling my clothes?"

She rolled her eyes. "Togruta sense of smell, remember? Haven't I told you about that? I was checking to see if it was really you."

"Why didn't you just use the Force?"

"Your presence was bouncing off you like lights off a mirror. I couldn't sense you that well unless I was at my most aware... Which I haven't really been these past few days," she admitted sheepishly.

Anakin smiled, but it was a tired one – almost worn. Nothing like how he always seemed to light up when some hair-brained scheme of his had worked. "Good. It's an old shielding technique I've been practicing. I wanted to make sure no one found me... Even you."

"But... who are the others you didn't want finding you, then? Are there other Jedi here on Naboo?"

"No. A little while after you left Rodia, the Council contacted me again," he said, walking past her to sit down on the nearby bed, turning on the lights as he did so. "They uncovered more information about the threat to Senator Bonteri's life, and they now have reason to believe that it could be even more widespread than we know of."

"So they sent you as extra security?" Suddenly, it dawned on her. "You were that pilot – Skyle – weren't you?"

Her Master nodded, and at rubbed his eyes with the worn palms of his hands. Ahsoka couldn't help but notice that there were dark circles under his eyes.

She came to sit down next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You don't look well. Tell me what's happened, Master. Maybe I can help."

He looked away. "It's nothing."

She furrowed her brow. "No, it's not nothing. Don't give me that, SkyGuy: you look like you haven't slept in days."

"I haven't," he said softly. "The technique isn't meant to be used more than sparingly, and I've been using it non-stop for nearly four days. I had to be awake to do that, or at least meditating." He chuckled half-heartedly. "But there were a few times I slipped up. You noticed a few times, and the others I think you were sleeping."

"Does Padme know you're here?"

A little bit of the sparkle Ahsoka had always known came back to his eyes as the Senator's name was mentioned. "Yeah. I couldn't exactly hide it from her – she has eyes and ears like a vornskr. She'd notice when food started disappearing."

Then, Ahsoka came to a realization. Because Anakin had been aware of his surroundings, even if he hadn't been completely awake, he could have sensed any number of the things that had gone on between her and Lux... And if that got back to the Council, she could be severely punished, or even expelled from the Order.

"And what did you sense, if you were up all this time?" she asked, trying to keep any twinge of nervousness out of her voice.

"A few things," he said vaguely, but the look that he gave her said it all. "Ahsoka, I should be telling you that this has to stop."

"But...?"

"But you know as well as I do that some things are worth fighting for." He smiled. "You remember what I told you on Onderon."

"Ahsoka, letting go of our attachments is a difficult struggle for all of us, and I understand what you're going through."

"Really? You do?"

"I do."

"I remember," she informed him. "But what do you... Oh."

"Exactly."

Nothing more had to be said. He would keep her secret if she would keep his. The mutual trust they had always placed in one another would see that they did.

Wordlessly, she pulled him into a hug, fitting herself into his open arms. "Thank you," she whispered into his shoulder, before pulling away. "Now tell me what I can do to help you."

"There's nothing, Snips," he said with a sigh. "Just let it go. This has to be undertaken alone."

"Then I'll lend you my strength. Sleep, SkyGuy. You need it."

He nodded, smiling gently. He took her hand, and lay down on the bed. Ahsoka could immediately feel her Master's power coursing through her. Without speaking, he showed her how to bend and twist the miraculous energy he had been born with into the mirror-like aura she had felt before.

Within moments, Anakin Skywalker was asleep. And his Padawan watched over him, without fail, until the sun rose again.

*ANAKIN AND AHSOKA OFFICIALLY HAVE THE CUTEST BRO-SIS RELATIONSHIP OF THIS SIDE OF THE UNIVERSE. <33333

Sorry, I just love them :)

Anyways, they now understand one another on a deeper level and see each other in a new light. Ahsoka has Lux, and Anakin has Padme (not that Ahsoka knows... yet). But new threats are lurking in the shadows, and Master and Padawan could be facing their toughest test yet... 

AND HOLY KRIFF 904 FOLLOWERS HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!?!?!?!

Okay, I'm calm now. Jk ASHFASFHASIPFSAIPUSA :DDDD

Bye!*