Chapter 12 - Cupcakes

Harry's POV    

Just landed in Cheshire a few hours ago, alone. Taylor has a few more stuffs to do back in the US before she heads here on the 13th. Well, she wants to spend her birthday here so, yeah. Speaking of, I still don't have a birthday present for her. And I ain't got ideas. I should have something planned before she arrives. I should give her something that's memorable... Think, Harry, think!  Hmm. I guess I should take a walk downtown. Maybe I could find something special. Maybe it can help me to come up with some ideas. I grabbed my coat since it's pretty cold and I stepped outside.

As I walked passed the cold, wintery streets of Cheshire, I saw a vintage bracelet that is displayed in this small store's window. I thought it would be lovely gift for her. I barged in the store, asked for it, and bought it. I went out and continued walking. But then I realized, this wasn't enough. Hmmm... Maybe Niall could help me out with this. I took a cab and went to Niall's flat. Yep, Niall has a house here in Cheshire.

I knocked on his door and after a few moments, the door swung open.       

"Harry! What are you doing here, mate?" he said.  

"Oh nothing, just visiting." I grinned. 

"Okay. Come in."  

"Umm, actually, I need your help." I said as I sat down on his L-shaped couch.

"Mhm. What is it then?"  

"Okay, so, Taylor's birthday is in two days and I don't know what to give her for it so I went downtown and saw this vintage bracelet and I bought it 'cause it is beautiful. But I thought it wasn't enough. I went here because, maybe you've got some ideas and maybe you could help me out?" I explained.  

"Hmm... Well, I'm not good at this 'cause I haven't had a girlfriend before, ya know?" he said. Suddenly, he stood up and head towards somewhere in the house.   

"Where are you going?" I asked.  

"To the kitchen. Maybe food could help me think." he answered. Of course.

He came back after a few minutes, munching on a cupcake... Hmm. Aha! I have a brilliant idea! "That's it! Cupcakes! How about I buy her 22 custom cupcakes! Besides, she's turning 22." (A/N: I know, some of you might be like "Duh? Taylor's 23." Well, you have to wait for the next chapter to know the reason why it's just 22.)

"That's a great idea!... So, what do we do now?"  

"I say, let's go to the nearest bakery slash cupcake store or whatever you call it."  

"Wait, I'm coming with you?" Niall asked, confused. I nodded as an answer. "But I'm too lazy to go out!" he added.