Chapter 16 - Fireworks

Harry’s POV

 Shit.

 I can’t believe I’ve slept for five hours and completely forgot that I still have a seven-hour flight to New York and now I’m definitely going to miss it because I am an idiot. “Why yes, Harry god damn Styles, you are an idiot.” I mumbled to myself as I put my passport on the bedside table. I carelessly stuffed all the clothes I could see in my big old travelling bag and got my ass into my car and drove off to Heathrow airport.

 I can finally release the sigh of relief I was holding when I arrived at the airport. Good thing I still have half an hour to check in and do all the airport stuffs.

“Good evening, sir. May I see your passport and your ticket please?” The lady in the counter said to me. I reached out to my bag and found my ticket inside. Now I have to search for my passport which I couldn’t find.

Wait a minute... Oh fuck. I left it at the table!

Fuck it fuck it fuck it. Of all the things I could forget, WHY THE MOTHERFUCKING PASSPORT?

I seriously want to slap myself right now.

“Is there something wrong, sir?” The lady asked. “Well, yes, err, I kinda forgot my passport... Um... Are there any flights to New York available for tonight?” I asked.

“Uhh.. Let me check.” The lady said and then scrolled down to her computer. “Oh there is! But I’m afraid it’s fully booked.”

Great.

“Err... okay. Well, Happy New Year...” I said as I slowly walked to the waiting area and sat down on one of the chairs. All I have to do now is to call Taylor and tell her that I might not be able to come to New York tonight.

 I dialled Taylor’s number and she picked up on the third ring. “Hello?” her soft voice rang through my ear. “Hey, it’s me. Err...” I’m quite nervous, as you can see.

“Hey! Um... Are you okay?” she asked. No. No I’m not. “Err... Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied. “O-kay... Well, I’m really excited to see you tonight.” I can feel the corners of her lips turned up.

“Yeah... Err... About that...” I started off.

 “What? Is there a problem?”

“Umm... Yeah...”

“What is it?” I bet her smile went upside down right now.

“Um...” I am so nervous.

“What’s wrong? “

“Err... Let’s just say that... your stupid boyfriend kinda... err... I kinda... I... forgotmypassportathome.” I quickly said the last few words.

“What? Why? Where did you put it? Are there any available flights tonight?” Okay, she’s panicking.

God damn it, Harry! You. Are. An. Idiot. “Err. I’m kinda in a hurry and I think I left it on my bedside table. I asked the handling agent and she said there is but it’s fully booked so...”

“Oh.” She said, almost a whisper. “A-are you mad?” I asked.

“No. Of course not. Err...” Oh she’s definitely mad. “Um... I’m gonna go now. I-I still have rehearsals for tonight.” She said.

“You’re mad.”

“No, I promise.”

“Okay... I love you. Bye.”

“Bye.” She hung up. I know she’s mad. She didn’t even say ‘I love you too.’ I stood up from my seat and was about to go to the exit when the lady in the check in counter called out my name. I turned my head to her direction hoping she would tell me that there is another flight to New York that is available tonight.