2 | Invitation

You were sweaty, dirty, smelly, and you could really do with a relaxing warm bath or even an adequate meal for that matter

You were sweaty, dirty, smelly, and you could really do with a relaxing warm bath or even an adequate meal for that matter. But what did you get instead? Bloody leftovers: meagre few scraps here and there and a glass of lukewarm water, that felt like they had left it in the sun for far too long.

After the third day, you began to lose track of the days you had been held captive there. Had it been a week? Days? Or perhaps years? There was no way for you to know, and the only thing that kept you sane was the thoughts of your beloved demon, Sebastian.

You couldn't think of any reason why he would take his time to get to where you were. Perhaps he couldn't find the right moment to slip away and get there? His master Ciel was quite busy with his Earl duties. Even though you were his cousin, he wouldn't take a break just to come to find you, right? You weren't that close to begin with, and you were pretty sure he didn't know about the intimate relationship you shared with his butler.

Back to the cells, and you could feel your magic power draining away.

Your father was a demon and a quite powerful one at that, and after your human mother had died, he didn't take it well and ran off after leaving you on the Phantomhive manor's doorstep. So you've lived with Ciel since you were 14, and 6 years later, here you were stuck in an infuriating Earl's dungeon.

Day after day, during the evening, he would pay you a visit with the evilest grin on his face and torment you until the early hours of the morning. As you were weak and losing strength fast, you couldn't fight back like you usually would. One of your powers was to control the minds of those who are closest to where you are at that moment, but you couldn't maintain a firm hold on Alois's mind. Something was blocking you.

More bruises and scrapes decorated your once porcelain skin, which didn't bother Alois in the slightest, despite his more initial statement of him not liking 'ugly things.' That's what you must have looked like at this present moment; used, ugly and broken.

Something had snapped within you a while ago. Your eyes that once shone, were now dull and the only thing that was keeping you going was the fact that you could move about more freely now, as someone had removed your chains.

It seemed Alois thought you weren't the type to run away. Although if the cell doors weren't in the way, you would have high-tailed it out of there faster than it took for him to blink. You were quite proud of your speed.

A week later you were leaning against the wall, counting the cracks in the floor for the millionth time, when you heard quick footsteps coming towards you.

You stood up and shakily walked to the door, your limp (h/c) hair falling around your face.

The footsteps belonged to none other than the butler Claude, who held no expression on his face, as he shoved a maid's dress at you and ordered you to change.

"Fine, but turn around first. You pervy butler." Once you made sure he was looking the other way, you pulled the nightdress you were currently wearing over your head and pulled on the maid's dress. It was black, with a lacy purple apron that cinched in at the waist and reached to above your knees. On your legs, you wore knee-high stockings with tiny bows at the top and around your neck was a purple choker, with a small chain attached to it.

It was like you were the pet and Alois was your owner.

A moment later, one of the purple-haired triplets walked through the open door and tugged on the chain, bringing you closer to him. He whistled and said, "my what a cute girl. Why must master keep you all to himself? I think we should all get a turn to play."

"That's enough!" Claude grasped his shoulder and pulled him away from you, but the purple-haired male kept a firm grip on your chain. "The young master is waiting. He wants (y/n) to join him for breakfast."

With a tug of the chain, you were forced to follow the two males in front of you. You tried swallowing the hard lump that was forming in your throat, but you just couldn't.

Arriving at the dining table that was placed in the garden, the surrounding flowers gave off a sweet scent that contrasted to how non-sweet this situation was.

"(y/n) you're here!" Alois jumped out off his seat and started clinging to your neck. You really didn't get this boy; one moment he was charming and the next he would smile as he performed evil deeds.

You inwardly groaned as you were forcefully sat down and Claude pushed in your chair, while Alois returned to where he was sat before you arrived. You felt something press on your ankle and glanced down to see your leg had been tied to the chair. Clearly, you weren't that trusted yet, and it dawned on you that there was no escape for you.

What if Sebastian never came to your rescue? Or if nobody had even noticed you were missing? You would be stuck in this godforsaken place forever.

No... This wasn't like you at all. You knew that one reason Sebastian even loved you were because of your strong will. You could fight yourself out of any situation, and you were especially good at fighting. But what were you doing now? You were acting weak, and those were the kinds of people you detested. This was no time to be running yourself down and letting this asshole control you. You weren't a pet, and you certainly weren't a toy. You had to find a way out of this yourself.

As you started to come up with a plan and braced yourself to move, you felt a renewed strength within yourself. You were about to free your foot from the rope that tied your ankle to the chair when you saw Claude bend down and whisper something in Alois's ear before handing him a white envelope. Turning your head slightly, you thought you saw the Phantomhive's crest stamped on it.

Excitedly unfolding the letter, Alois skimmed it and squealed. "Tremendous news. Ciel is hosting a little ball, and they have invited me." He aimed a smirk at you and strolled over to where you were sitting, snaking one of his arms over your shoulders, making you cringe.

"You're coming too (y/n). I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see their precious (y/n) in the arms of me!" He played with the ends of your hair and tossed his head back, laughing more madly than ever before.

 I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see their precious (y/n) in the arms of me!" He played with the ends of your hair and tossed his head back, laughing more madly than ever before