4 | Peaceful Days That Won't Last

Shivers raced up and down your body and left you breathless

Shivers raced up and down your body and left you breathless. Something was constricting your chest, and you just wanted to scream, alas no sound could escape past your chapped lips.

'Someone save me!' You thought, being unable to say it out loud. Nobody could hear you even if you could talk, and you knew that no one would come to save you; something trapped you. Trapped you in that dingy dungeon.

And then you found yourself locked in a room filled with mirrors - on one wall there was a two way-mirror and on the other side of the mirror stood Sebastian smirking to himself. It was evident that he had no idea that his beloved stood just mere feet from him; you could see him, but he couldn't see you.

No matter how much you cried, how many times you tried calling out to him, or when you collapsed to your knees and dug your nails into your scalp, shrieking with all you had. At that point, you sounded like a banshee; your scream was enough to deafen anyone. However, it didn't seem to get through to the demon on the other side of the mirror.

Sweating and sticky, you woke up panting after that horrific nightmare.

You've been getting constant nightmares since you had returned home and Sebastian would run into to the room to comfort you. He would stay with you until you fell asleep, stroking your hair and holding your hand in one of his own pale ones.

To others, Sebastian might seem uncaring and cold unless it came to the contract between him and Ciel. The thought of getting to eat Ciel's soul once everything was all over was the only thing that seemed to make the raven-haired demon smile. But that wasn't what you knew or thought. For you, Sebastian could be warm and affectionate.

Of course, your cousin didn't know about the relationship between you and the butler. So you would usually meet when Ciel was asleep, or when you could throughout the day, away from prying eyes.

"Good morning milady (y/n)." Speak of the demon and he shall appear.

Sebastian strode into your room and opened the curtains, letting in the warm sunshine. He turned his gaze towards you and cast a wandering eye down your sweaty body, which was adorned by a black silk nightdress.

The demon never failed to notice even the slightest thing; he was very attentive to detail, and he knew immediately that something was wrong. You could tell this because the corner of eyes creased up a little in concern, but he still smiled a rare, caring smile.

You jumped up off the bed and ran at Sebastian, throwing your arms around his torso and burrowing your face in his chest. Feeling his warmth, and knowing he was there, was something that always dulled the ache in your heart. And chased away the nightmares.

Chase away a nightmare with another nightmare. Namely, the demon who now stood with one arm around your waist and the other stroking your back comfortingly.