5 | In The Darkness

'Ah, hello darkness, my now familiar friend, it looks like we meet again

'Ah, hello darkness, my now familiar friend, it looks like we meet again.'

How long have you been here this time? It seemed like you've been here for months, or even years. To others, it probably hadn't been that long, though. You wondered what Sebastian had been doing, while you've been hiding here in the darkness. Somehow, you knew that he had probably been watching over you, waiting for you to open your eyes. Should you wake up, though? Is there even any point?

You used to be so confident of your own abilities and you had thought that you would be fine by yourself. But after what happened with Alois it just proved how powerless you really were. Perhaps you should ask Sebastian to instruct you in some things. From observing him all these years, you knew how great a fighter he is.

In the distance, you could hear faint murmurs, but it was hard to make anything out. Are there people there? You strained your ears, but you still couldn't make anything out. And then in the distance, a light appeared. It just kept getting brighter and brighter, wiping out any darkness that was in its path.

Squinting your eyes, you got up off the ground and made your way cautiously towards it. The voices were getting clearer, and you could make out some of the words.

"Why isn't she waking up?" the person who you assumed was Ciel asked. There was a hint of concern in his voice, something you had never heard before. Sure you were both cousins, but you weren't very close. He had never shown even the slightest concern towards you before.

"Remember milord that he brutally beat her when we found her. She has to have time to rest." Sebastian's words were laced with anger.

The black-haired demon was furious beyond belief; he should have noticed when (y/n) had wandered off. He should have been keeping a closer eye on her, especially after the first time that Trancy kidnapped her. What was the point of his mark on your shoulder, if he couldn't even sense you?

"I'm going to slaughter Alois when I see him next!"

Ciel was acting uncharacteristically. Usually, he was stoic and hated to show his emotions. However, now, if anybody wandered into the room and saw him, they would see his face coloured in rage and the fire burning in his eyes. He wouldn't allow others to know, but (y/n) was his precious cousin, she was the only family he had left after all.

"Claude!" Alois called for his butler, as he concluded the letter he had been composing. He put it into its respective envelope and placed his seal on it.

"Yes, master?"

"Make sure this letter gets to Ciel," he ordered, handing the letter to Claude, with a smirk on his face.

"As you wish," Claude replied. "May I inquire what it is about?"

"Let's just say, I'm going to get back what is rightfully mine." He grinned his manic grin and chuckled to himself. "I'm coming for you, (y/n)!"

 "I'm coming for you, (y/n)!"