8 | Presence

It had been several days since Alois had come to the Phantomhive Manor, for reasons unknown to you

It had been several days since Alois had come to the Phantomhive Manor, for reasons unknown to you. Also, he had asked Ciel if he could stay at the manor for a while. Was it just to torment you? You doubted you would ever find out the answer, as it seemed the blonde earl was eluding you. He hadn't come near you, nor acknowledged your existence.

You had originally thought that having him there would be like torture to you and when you had calmed down; you thought about it more rationally and concluded that as long as your demon was around you would surely be safe.

Sebastian had warned Alois, with his eyes more than words; but the effect should have been the same. The demon butler could be scary when he wanted to be, even if you had hardly seen that side of him: Sebastian would always try to keep his cool around you.

After the third day of nothing happening, you began to relax more and was cheerier than you had been for days. That was until Alois returned to being his usual 'charming', but nauseating self...

It was when they were all sitting in the garden drinking tea and enjoying the late afternoon sun, as it started to sink below the horizon.

"Ciel you have such a beautiful cousin." Alois said, breaking the tranquil atmosphere. "Is she engaged to anyone?"

You had to stop yourself from spitting out your drink. Why was he asking about that?

From the corner of your eye, you could see Sebastian scowling, though it only lasted a second before it was replaced with his usual smile.

"I believe she isn't," Ciel replied, frostily. "We have found no one suitable enough for her yet."

You exchanged glances with your beloved demon. Your relationship was still a secret, so there wasn't much you could do at this present moment. If you were to be betrothed to someone, you wouldn't have enough power to stop it.

"Well..." Alois stood up from his seat and sat on the edge of your chair. "How about me then?" He ran a finger along your jawbone and smiled devilishly down at you. You felt sweat bead on your forehead, and you trembled slightly.

"What are you saying, Alois?" Ciel asked him, his tone was rigid. "Do you think you are really suitable for my cousin?"

"Of course."

"I-I-I don't think you are suitable for me sir Alois." You tried to still the tremor in your voice and somehow mask your nervousness. You pushed away his hand and stood up. "Excuse me for being rude, but I'm going to go to my room now. I'm feeling a little tired." And with that, you picked up your skirts and made your way back to the manor. A pair of ice-blue eyes and another pair of blood red ones followed you as you left.

You slipped on your nightdress and got into bed. Today had been a weird day, and you just wanted to sleep it away. You didn't know what had happened after you had left earlier that evening, but you also didn't want to find out.

Alois being your husband? That was inconceivable. Sebastian was the one you wanted to be with. Sighing, you brought the covers up over your shoulders and snuggled down deeper into the comfortableness.

It was just before you fell asleep when you felt a presence coming from beside the bed. You turned on your lamp and looked around you, but there was no one/nothing there. Were you just visualising things again?

You turned off the lights again and laid down. Just before you closed your eyes, however, you felt someone cover your mouth with a hand. You knew without looking who it belonged to.

Leaning over you was none other than Alois. What did he intend to do?

 What did he intend to do?