3 | Ball At Phantomhive Manor

Alois no longer kept you locked up in his dungeon

Alois no longer kept you locked up in his dungeon. He had permitted you to sleep in one of his many guest rooms and you joined him at mealtimes, but you had to keep the choker on your neck with the chain attached to it. He said it was proof that you were his.

After breakfast, on the morning of the ball, Hannah prepared a bath for you. Something that you were thankful for; a bath was one of the many things you had been longing for since you had been taken. You couldn't wait to get rid of the grime and dirt that covered your body.

Stepping into the hot water, you felt your muscles relax, and you let out a breath of relief. This is exactly what you needed. Once you were done, you got out of the bath and Hannah wrapped a fluffy towel around your wet body and handed you a red silk dress.

"Oh, my lady (y/n), don't you look lovely!" she exclaimed after she had helped you get dressed.

You had to admit that she was right, and the dress was certainly lovely. With a heart-shaped top that showed off a little cleavage, and it flowed out at the bottom, reaching all the way to your feet. The dress fit perfectly and accentuated your curves. On your feet, you wore red leather flats and on your neck was a black lace choker. Hannah had styled your hair in a fish-tail braid that went down your back.

If you were still at the Phantomhive Manor, you might have felt excited about tonight's events Except, now, you had bandages wrapped around your injured chest and even more bandages were tightened around your throat, wrists and ankles. It was enough to put a dampener on your partying mood.

You walked down the flight of stairs leading to the foyer of the mansion, when you were stopped by Alois who exclaimed what a precious doll you were, and how he was lucky to be going to the ball with you. However, you knew that the only thing that made him excited was the thought of what Sebastian and Ciel would do once they saw you. You, on the other hand, couldn't wait to see them for a whole different reason.

You just wanted to be in your demon's arms again and have him kiss you with the passion he always did.

Then you were outside, and you refused Claude's offered hand when he went to help you into the awaiting carriage. His help wasn't something you wanted or needed; you just wanted out of the place they had held you captive in. Today, the only happiness you had was the thought of being home. There your demon was waiting for you. 

As you sat opposite Alois, you could see the anger hidden behind his eyes; he was angry because you had refused his butler, but he was good at hiding his emotions. Your rudeness wasn't something he was going to let ruin his fun for the day. Although you didn't care how rude you were being just seeing Alois's bitter expression made it all worth it.

And then you arrived at the manor. The all too familiar house rose up before you and you felt tears come to your eyes. You were finally back home and where you truly belonged.