IV- Quidditch and Quarrels

Chapter Four

Professor Umbridge's shrill voice echoes throughout the classroom, "Mr. Zabini! No shouting out, please!"

Blaise sits back down in his seat and Professor Umbridge begins to turn to me and as I feel her steely eyes meet mine, the bell rings signalling the end of class. I breathe a sigh of relief as Professor Umbridge blinks and ends the stare off we were having, "I'll deal with you later, Miss - ?"

"Delacour."

Professor Umbridge raises an eyebrow and nods, "Miss Delacour." She turns to face the class, "Class dismissed."

I turn to Hermione, "Holy crap that was intense!"

Hermione nodded and turns round to face Ron, "Tell me about it! I don't think I've ever hated a teacher more."

Ron agrees, "I know, imagine sending Harry out, just cause she doesn't agree with what he's saying! Hey, Salem – "

I can tell he's about to ask about me speaking Parseltongue but before he can, Eden, Sage and Blaise stalk over and I hear Blaise clear his throat behind me.

I see Hermione staring and when I turn round they are all standing awkwardly, shifting their feet.

"You coming, Salem?" Blaise asks, nodding his head in the direction of the door.

I raise my eyebrow quizzically, why are they acting so weird?

"Sure just coming." I reply, while reaching down to grab my bag.

Shoving my book inside, I address Hermione and Ron, "Sorry, gotta run! Nice meeting you guys!"

They both say goodbye and when Eden, Sage, Blaise and I are out the classroom I begin to question them, "Why were you guys acting so strange back then with Hermione and Ron?"

Eden and Sage make eye contact and Eden nods towards Sage as if to encourage her to speak. Sage rolls her eyes, "Fine...I'll tell her!"

"Tell me what?!"

Sage takes a deep breath, "You see the thing is, Granger and Weasley and Potter are in Gryffindor."

I give her the side eye as if she is crazy, "Yeah, I know, what's your point?"

Eden huffs, "Jeez you're taking too long, Sage. Salem, basically here Gryffindors and Slytherins don't get on, especially us and those particular Gryffindors."

"Ohh, I get it now," I nod finally understanding, "Like a school feud?"

Blaise chuckles, "Something like that, Draco and Potter hate each other. It's poisonous they can't be near each other without something starting."

"Speaking of, where is Draco?" I wonder aloud.

Eden is the one who replies, "He rushed off straight after class, said he wasn't feeling well, more like he's still pissed since this morning, he so doesn't like you Salem."

Before I can reply Sage jumps in, "Wait, why are you asking us so many questions? We should be asking you questions! Have you always been able to speak Parseltongue? When did you discover you are a Parselmouth? Are you related to Salazar Slytherin? And what did you say to Potter?"

Once Sage has finished this long line of questions, she stops to catch her breath and I look at her dumbfounded.

"Oh my god, who knew you could speak that fast?" I ask while laughing.

I look round at Blaise and Eden and they are deadly serious. Blaise speaks up, "But seriously, answer her questions."

I feel slightly overwhelmed, I hadn't truly thought about the consequences of showing everyone I could speak Parseltongue before I did, I just spoke, it was like a strange natural instinct and now I have to think up some bizarre story about how I can speak Parseltongue.