X- Dumbledore's Army

Chapter Ten

I awake the next day with a certain buzz of excitement and exhilaration. Although I almost screwed up with Draco yesterday the thought of learning some real magic makes me feel better.

I don't know what I'm going to tell Draco, I avoided him for the rest of the day yesterday. I'm not sure how our relationship is going to work with me hiding this huge secret but for now I'm just going to put up a front, I care too much for him already, I will not let my father ruin this for me too.

I get ready to head down to the Great Hall for breakfast, feeding my cat and getting dressed. Once I'm ready I quietly knock on Draco's door.

The door quickly opens and when Draco sees me lets out a sigh of relief, "Salem! Are you alright?"

I flash him a small smile, "Yeah, I'm okay. Look I'm sorry about yesterday, I don't even want to talk about it. It was just me being weird, I promise everything's normal."

"You sure? You seemed pretty upset?"

"Nah, it was nothing and I'm sad I ruined our time, it was nice getting to know you."

"I know," Draco shrugs, "I was so terrified I'd done something wrong when you ran off. I was scared that you didn't want to be with me."

I laugh, "Draco that is not likely to happen."

"Good," He replies pulling me close to him, "I couldn't..."

He's cut off by Eden and Sage coming down the stairs talking with one another.

I jump back from Draco and lean against the wall, trying my best to look inconspicuous. Draco shuts his door quickly and it creates a loud noise.

I cringe but try and seem normal for the girls, "Hey guys."

"Hey Salem," Eden replies, "Were you just talking to Draco?"

I laugh and coolly say, "Of course not, you know we don't get on! Are you guys wanting to head up for breakfast?"

"Yeah sure," Eden says although she has a look in her eye that she doesn't quite think that I'm telling the whole truth.

____________________

"I have something important to tell you guys." I whisper as we eat breakfast.

"What is it?" Sage asks excitement evident in her tone.

"Well, I was speaking with Harry yesterday and he said that they've found a place to hold the meetings! Today in Defence against the Dark Arts he'll let us know when the first meeting is."

"Finally!" Sage exclaims, "We're going to finally learn some real magic, I cannot wait for Defence against the Dark Arts."

"I know me neither, I have a feeling it's going to be fantastic."

After breakfast I have History of Magic, Potions and Ancient runes and I can barely pay attention as thoughts of the meeting swirl around my brain.

In Ancient Runes, Eden, Hermione and I excitedly discuss what sort of spells we'll learn, and Hermione promises that we'll be performing Patronus charms before the Christmas Holidays.

By the time Defence against the Dark Arts comes around I'm almost bursting with excitement. Since I was a young witch I've always had a passion for learning and the idea of accessing a new sort of magic is exhilarating.

Hermione and I thump down in our seats and whip out our books and quills before quickly turning around to see Harry and Ron.

"So?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows at Harry.