VII- Manipulating Umbridge

Chapter Seven

As soon as I wake up I let out an enormous groan, the memories of last night come flooding back and I am feel embarrassment creep up on me. I honestly thought that Draco wanted to kiss me, but I guess I was wrong.

I mentally slap myself for being such an idiot, I've been at Hogwarts for over a month now and what have I truly accomplished? I'm going to a Defence against the Dark Arts club, but I still don't actually know any spells and I've been spending my time worried about boys instead of my mission.

I can't lose focus, I have to be prepared and trained for when the time comes, and it is coming fast.

It's Sunday and I know everyone usually likes to sleep in late today, I look round to the small brass clock on my nightstand. It's only eight o'clock. I decide to quickly get dressed and I head straight up to the owlery. I haven't spoken to Fleur in what feels like years and even with Eden and Sage, I cannot think of anyone better to speak to about Draco, than Fleur.

The air is crisp and refreshing, waking me up completely. I've never actually visited the Owlery and I'm excited to explore more of the castle. On my way there, I see the odd couple of students milling about and every single student stares at me as I walk past, clearly not over last night's events.e

When I reach the owlery I use one of the schools beautiful barn owls to send a letter addressed to Fleur, containing the details of my typical teenager problems. The owl lets out a massive caw as it flies off and I breathe a sigh of relief, it feels good to get everything off my chest.

By the time I'm back down at the Great Hall it's 09:15 and there are more students floating about, Eden is sitting at the Slytherin table with Blaise as they eat breakfast.

"Hey guys," I put on a big smile as I sit down next to Eden.

Blaise looks up from his bacon sandwich and nods at me, "How are you after last night?" My heart immediately starts to beat faster, how did he know about Draco and I?

"What-?" I stutter.

Blaise raises an eyebrow and laughs, "Yeah, the fight must have been difficult for you."

"Oh," I say, relieved that he doesn't appear to know about our almost kiss, "I'm okay, just happy I got away from Sebastian sooner rather than later."

Eden nods in agreement, "It just makes me so mad that anybody could treat you like that, you're the nicest person I know!"

I blush as Blaise chimes in, "Not including me though, right?!"

Eden rolls her eyes, giggling, "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Zabini."

"Have you seen Draco?" Blaise asks.

"No. I haven't." I mutter keeping my eyes down.

"Okay, just checking we were supposed to be going to the library this morning, but he wasn't in his room."

I shrug nonchalantly, "Sorry I couldn't help."

Blaise is about to answer when the murmurings of students distracts him and he gazes to the doorway of the great hall, "Merlin's beard." He whispers with a grin creeping on to his face.

Eden and I both turn around to see what Blaise is looking at and Eden chokes on her water as she holds back a laugh, as an extremely injured Sebastian Blakely traipses into the Great Hall.

I cannot believe that Madam Pomfrey gave him permission to leave the infirmary in this state. His right arm is bandaged and in a sling. Deep painful purple circles dwell beneath his eyes and the large cut above his lip has already begun to scar.