VIII- Ballroom antics

Chapter Eight

"Umbridge says that we can announce it today!" Eden squeals.

"Everyone one is going to love us for doing this." Sage grins.

"I'm so excited." I smile, linking my arms in theirs as we stroll through the corridors. We've spent the last few days organising the Ball with Umbridge and we are heading down to the Great Hall to pass out the invitations.

Although I miss having my Uncle around, it can be advantageous, since there is no way on this earth that he would have allowed the ball we were planning.

The ball has a Masquerade theme and the entire school is invited, although first to third years must leave at 10:00pm. We managed to convince Umbridge that the presence of the Prefects would be enough security and therefore we wouldn't need any teacher chaperones.

For someone who claims to be so great, Umbridge is far too easily manipulated by three fifteen year old girls.

When we reach the Great Hall, Sage opens up her bag and pulls out a ginormous stack of posters, each decorated with a moving image of a couple dancing in fancy outfits.

"What's the easiest way to do this?" Sage asks.

"We can use Wingardium Leviosa and just distribute them to every pupil in the Great Hall."

"On it." Eden says as she pulls out her wand.

Within ten seconds posters are shooting through the air and we stand back watching the joy on each students face as they receive a poster and a few fifth year Hufflepuffs start a cheer which soon resonates off of every surface in the Great Hall. With all the stress that Umbridge has brought it will be good to have at least a night of fun.

Later that night we all sit as a group in the Common Room and everyone else has gone to bed.

"I can't believe it worked!" Blaise stares at us, dumbfounded.

"I know," Crabbe agrees, "We're going to have such a fun night!"

"Wait a minute..." Eden says, a look of panic shoots across her face, "Does that mean we only have FOUR days to find a date and dresses?!"

I scrunch up my face, I was wondering how long it would take Eden to come to this conclusion. It took us so long to actually organise the ball, that everyone would have very little time to get themselves organised.

"Its fine tomorrow is Saturday and we can go into Hogsmeade if we need to, there's an amazing dress and robe shop off of Locust Avenue. We should all go, it could be fun!" Sage says, with an enthusiastic grin on her face.

Eden shrugs, "I guess...but now I'm worried about finding a date, we need to make a list of all the eligible boys that I could go with."

"I'm eligible."

At once all our heads turn to where the voice is coming from, shock and surprise clearly evident upon our faces. Eden looks even more shocked.

Blaise coughs, clearly embarrassed, "I mean...you know...if you are looking for someone to go with, I could be fun...I mean it might be fun to go together...I mean..."

Eden interrupts him to stop his mumbling, I have never seen Blaise so un-smooth in the months that I have known him, "Sure, that sounds like a great idea." Eden smiles and I can see a hint of a blush on her cheeks.

Weird, I think, we all thought Blaise had a thing for me.

"So..." Sage starts to talk to end the silence that ensued after that strange occurrence, "Is everyone coming into Hogsmeade tomorrow for outfits?"