XVIII- Revealing the Truth

Chapter Eighteen

We leave the shop a few hours later with two dresses and shoes, Narcissa bought me my dress, even though I refused she said she always wanted a girl to go shopping with and was buying it whether I liked it or not.

It's about 12:00 when we head home and I get comfy in the car for the hour long ride back.

It's been an interesting trip, I sort of saw a different side to Narcissa, the way she stood in the streets alluded to the idea that she was a woman to be feared. She was someone who stood up and would do anything for her family.

When we arrive home Narcissa sends me upstairs with my dress and tells me that her and Lucius are heading out for a business meeting and will be back in a few hours.

I don't question it and then I realise something, Draco and I are going to be alone. Like truly alone, there is nothing stopping me from telling him everything. I can't keep putting it off, it's an unyielding burden on our relationship, pushing us down and I have to get rid of it.

I walk slowly to my room and take my time putting away my dress in the wardrobe.

I flatten out the dress that I'm wearing and slip out my bedroom and head over to Draco's.

I knock on the door and he opens it almost immediately. He looks well rested and happy, he has an almost glow about him.

He pulls me into his room.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask giggling.

"Cause you're back."  He says and I roll my eyes at his soppiness.

"A letter came for you, from Eden and Sage. They were worried about you when you left, I just told them you had a family emergency."

"Thanks," I say sitting on his bed, "I'll get it after."

"After what?" Draco asks sitting next to me.

"We need to talk." I say turning to face on him, my smile gone and face serious.

"Oh." Draco says clearly picking up on my mood change, I can feel the anxiety rippling off of me in waves.

"I don't even know where to start." I say laughing nervously.

"What's this about? You're scaring me." Draco says panic etched upon his face.

"Draco everything that I'm about to tell you, I'm telling you because I trust you with my life. I would do anything for you and I don't know what I would do without you in my life."

"Salem..." Draco says, "What's going on?

I take a deep breath, "When I first arrived at the school you said on the first day that I didn't look like a Delacour and you asked what had happened to my parents –"

"I know and I'm sorry for that." Draco interrupts.

"It's fine," I say shaking my head, "Because...you were right."

Draco looks confused, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm not a Delacour...not by blood anyway. They adopted me."

Draco's eyes widen, "Then who?"

I cut him off, "What I'm about to tell you is something that no one else can know, I'm serious Draco, I could be killed if this got out."

"Salem is this a joke?" Draco says in incredulity.

"No, I'm deadly serious right now. You've known for some time now that I haven't been honest with you. I've been keeping secrets. I'll start with the night that Arthur Weasley was attacked. That night I had a vision-"