XIV- Order of the Phoenix

Chapter Fourteen

Salem's POV

The night is warm and the air thick as I slip into an uncomfortable sleep, I dream that I'm in the Gryffindor Common Room, I sit with Harry, Hermione and Ron around the fire as we talk about Harry's complicated love life with Cho, it's warm and happy and I feel at ease, a bright glow seems to radiate around us and then very slowly the dream changes, twisting and turning until it's unrecognisable.

My body feels different, smooth, powerful and flexible. I'm gliding across a cold and dark floor, I'm sliding in between metal bars and although it is dark I can make out shimmering objects surrounding me.

I turn my head to see where I am and at first the corridor appears to be empty but then I see a man hunched over on the floor, he appears to be falling into a sleep

I turn my head to see where I am and at first the corridor appears to be empty but then I see a man hunched over on the floor, he appears to be falling into a sleep. I can almost taste the man's blood in the air as I put out my tongue. I have a huge desire to bite the man, but I know that I must complete my task first.

But the man begins to stir and he stands up quickly towering above me with his wand outstretched, I have no choice, I rear high off of the ground and strike once, twice, three times, plunging my fangs deeply into the man's flesh, the warm gush of blood makes me feel alive. 

The man is yelling in pain and then he suddenly falls silent, he slumps backwards against the wall and then I hear someone calling, "Salem! SALEM!"

Draco's POV

I shake her violently shouting her name but she won't awaken, her normally ivory skin has greyed and she is covered in a cold sweat. Her body jerks around uncontrollably as she yells, her face contorted in agony.

She seems to wake up for a moment and curls up in a ball as if she's being tortured.

Then all of a sudden she sits up in a flash, rolls over to her side of the bed and vomits.

"Albus..." She whispers almost inaudibly through the pain, "He's going to die."

I feel nauseas myself, seeing her in this state pains me.