XIII-Divination

Chapter Thirteen

"So I was in the library last night," Sage carries on as we walk to our first class of the day which is potions, "And it says that only an extremely powerful witch or wizard can conjure a Corporeal Patronus

"So I was in the library last night," Sage carries on as we walk to our first class of the day which is potions, "And it says that only an extremely powerful witch or wizard can conjure a Corporeal Patronus. The fact that you managed on your second try is almost impossible."

"Honestly," I say as we enter the dungeon, "I just want to stop talking about it, it's not a big deal."

"It's not a big deal?!" Sage asks incredulously.

"Yeah, now let's just forget about it, Snape's coming anyway." I reply motioning to the door.

I take a seat at my table with Draco, Blaise and Eden, we have potions with the Gryffindor's so I wave at Harry as he walks in too.

"Okay class," Snape starts, "Today we'll be making Morpus Potion, in my many years of teaching not one student has managed to brew a successful draught and looking at you pathetic bunch I have a sinking feeling today is not going to be the day."

I try to hide my smirk as I glance at Draco trying not to laugh at Snape's theatrics.

"You have exactly one hour from, now. Good luck, you'll need it."

I set to work, setting out all of my ingredients and opening my potion book, the art comes naturally to me, my hands rapidly picking up ingredients and chopping, dicing and squeezing them out into my cauldron just as easily as I could take a breath.

Half way through I pause to tie my hair back and look at the rest of the class struggling to keep up and complete the task within the time allocated, even Draco who has a knack for Potions is behind.

I smile to myself, trying to not seem over-confident, but I'm almost finished. I add the last drop of powdered reindeer hoof and the potion turns from a grey gloop to a light green, almost clear liquid.

I look up and dust off my hands and catch Snape watching me carefully with his calculated eyes. He nods slightly in my direction, acknowledging that I'm finished.

I hope that the draught has worked and that when he comes around to check it he will not be disappointed.

I take a seat while the rest finish, we still have 25 minutes left and Eden turns to me, "How are you finished?!"

I shrug, "I don't know."

"You never fail to amaze me Salem." She half laughs as she turns back to her book.

"Time is up class. Put everything down, I'm ready to come around and test the potions." Snape commands some time later.

He floats about the room from cauldron to cauldron and each one is wrong, even Hermione's and Draco's.

He gets to mine last and briefly looks down before looking at me, "Miss Delacour, I've yet to tell the class what Morpus Potion actually does. Do you think that you could tell me what it does?"