XI- Slytherin Pride (Part II)

Chapter Eleven

Eden and I eventually find Harry  sitting in a secluded corridor alone.

"Harry!" I call and he turns to me his black hair sticking up at all angles. I notice he's still in his Quidditch kit.

"Hello Salem, Eden." He nods in our direction.

I tell Harry that I know of his punishment and tell him how sorry I am for the way Draco behaved.

"Why are you apologising for his behaviour? It wasn't your fault."

I look at Eden discretely, it sort of was.

"I'm not sure," I lie, "I just feel guilty I know how much Quidditch means to you and if it makes you feel any better Draco is with Umbridge as we speak, requesting that you and Fred and George are allowed to play."

"Malfoy?!" Harry bursts out in disbelief, "You mean to tell me that Draco Malfoy is trying is trying to get me back on the team."

I nod, "He feels bad, and he understands how much Quidditch can mean to people."

"That's the craziest thing I've heard all year, it's just a shame that it won't matter. We all know Umbridge despises me even you Slytherin's could not convince her to show me mercy."

"That may be true," I agree, "But I always hold hope in case she can be persuaded."

"Thank you Salem, this means a lot. You've become a great friend, and you Eden. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's nice to see that not all Slytherin's are terrible people."

I laugh, "Good we hope to dispel that rumour." I pause, "Well, we'd best be off back to our common room, we've missed dinner through all this commotion and I've got to make sure all the first years are back in for curfew."

"Of course," Harry smiles, "Will you be joining us tomorrow at the library to study?"

"Yes definitely, need to be prepared for the OWL's."

"Bye then," Eden adds and we walk away together back to the common room.

When we return to the Common room our friends are all sitting at a table together and apart from the occasional sixth or seventh year students the common room is empty, the other prefects must have got the younger students to bed.

Draco looks positively exhausted and he seems deeply invested in conversation with Blaise.

"Hey guys," I say as we reach them and I immediately go over to where Draco sits and I wrap my arms around his neck from behind, "How did it go?" I say.

"Hold on a minute!" Blaise explains raising his voice, "What the hell is going on here?"

Crabbe and Goyle look just as surprised as Blaise but Sage just smiles, "Eden was right, wasn't she? You two are dating."

I can't help but grin, "Yes, that's the truth, Draco and I are dating."

"You're joking?" Blaise laughs, "My friend Draco here charmed you?"

Eden hits Blaise, "Seriously Blaise, he's your best friend."

"No I know, it's just you guys hid it so well, how long have you been acting like you hate each other then?"

"Not long," Draco replies, "Just since Halloween."

"Halloween?!" Blaise exclaims, "That's been ages!"

"It's not at all! It doesn't matter anyway we've told you now!" I say.

"That's true," Sage says and I smile at her grateful.