XVI- Malfoy Manor

Chapter Sixteen

A gentle shake of my arm brings me out of my light but fulfilling sleep, I sit up bleary eyed to see Draco smiling and I've never been so happy to have such a simple pleasure in my life.

"We're almost there," He says taking my hand.

I turn my head to look out the window to see beautiful fields of lush green crops, with cows and horses grazing, the younglings playing together.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Just on the outskirts of a small town in Wiltshire, the Manor is sort of cut off from the Muggle settlings."

"The Manor?! I ask incredulously. "Just how big is your house?"

Draco smirks, "Why don't you see for yourself?" He points out the window as we begin to pull up outside a massive rustic gate.

It opens slowly making an ear shattering groan and we drive forward. My breath catches in my throat when I look upon the gigantic Manor that looms above us.

It has a gothic feel to it, standing tall with dark panels and huge diamond-paned windows. The huge gardens surrounding it are full of exotic and beautiful plants and in the center of the courtyard is an intricately designed fountain.

The snow covers almost all of the ground in sight, creating a picturesque scene.

"Wow." Is all I manage to breathe out.

"Yeah," Draco says genuinely smiling, "I've always loved the Manor even if I didn't necessarily enjoy my time living within in."

I squeeze his hand as we come to a final stop before a grand staircase leading to the front door of his house.

The driver comes around to my door, opening it for me, I'm wearing one of my traditional dresses in order to impress the Malfoys. I doubt if I showed up in my muggle clothes they'd be too happy.

They'll find it respectful that I'm wearing the attire of a witch, a dress and a cloak, the way it has been since the first witches roamed the earth.

Draco walks around to my side of the car and takes my arm in his, he's wearing a suit, the way his parents like him to dress he told me, to show his 'high standing' to the world.

"Don't be nervous." He whispers as we climb the steps.

I honestly don't know how I feel, I'm nervous because I don't want to let Draco down but at the same time they have to like me- not necessarily because they want to, but I am the daughter of a master charmer and manipulator, my father had everyone wrapped around his finger. And I know I have that charm within me too, I already used it on Umbridge, Snape even.

This isn't going to go wrong, I will not let it.

I put on my best smile and look at Draco, "I'm not."

Before we reach the door it opens quickly to reveal a beautiful woman. She is quite tall and slim with extremely pale skin. Her sparkling blue eyes glisten in the December sunlight and her long blonde hair is mesmerising.

She speaks clearly and with a strange warmth to her voice that reminds me of Draco, "Dracypoo! How I've missed you my darling!" She wraps her arms around Draco kissing him on his cheek.

I snort at the nickname but try to cover it with a small cough.

Draco sort of shrugs her off trying to appear cool, "Mum," he says, "Please..."

She laughs now too and turns to me looking me up and down before bringing me into a hug. "Oh my," she says, "You must be Salem! Come in, come in."

We walk into the entrance of the house and she continues, "My, you're so beautiful! Draco has never brought a girl home, I'm so glad, I never thought that I'd see the day!"