Chapter 9: Spliting Up

__________________________
Astrid's POV

Its been a week since Snotlout and Hookfang were found. Snotlout woke up a few days ago and him and Ruff are in a relationship, which is weird. Fishlegs found himself a girl from another island and brought her back to Berk and Tuffnut hasn't found anyone yet. The gang just hasn't been the same since. We don't go on crazy adventures, we rarely have dragon races, and the only time we really see each other is for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Great Hall. Its crazy how just one week can change everything.

---At the Cove---

I was training with my axe. Throwing it from one tree to the next, making complicated flips and spins as i went. Stormfly was sleeping peacefully at one end of the cove while I was on the other end. I heard some rustling in the bushes and turned around to face the noise. I got in a fighting position, ready to throw my axe. Then, a familiar face came sauntering in.

"Whoa, Astrid relax. Its just me." Hiccup stated, throwing his hands in the air.

"Well yeah I can see that now!... Ugh Hiccup, don't do that to me!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, did I just scare Astrid Fearless Haddock. I thought she was impossible to scare." He smirks, giving his signature goofy grin. That grin melts my heart. Ugh, why does he have to be so perfect.

"No, you didn't, I just didn't know what was ganna come popping out of those bushes." I explain, pointing at the bushes he came out of. He comes closer to me and wraps an arm around my waist as we walk over to where Stormfly is.

"I'm sure thats the reason... So what are you..." He was cut off by the sound of the warning horn blowing. "Come on we better go check that out." He jumps on Toothless and I on Stormfly and we fly to the Great Hall.

It doesn't take us long to get there since the cove isn't that far away from the village. We land and Hiccup rushes over to Gobber, I follow closely behind.

"Gobber! Whats going on?" Hiccup ask.

"Aye, there ya are lad. Been lookin' all over for ya. We got ships makin' their way here. They are to far out to see if its an enemy or not." Gobber says, placing a hand on Hiccups shoulder.

"Okay well get the villagers ready in case its an attack. Start getting weapons ready." He commands. "Me and Astrid will gather up the dragon riders to get ready."

Hiccup left to go find Ruff and Snotlout and Fishlegs. I just had to find Tuffnut, which is a lot harder than it sounds. He could be anywhere.

---10 minutes later---
I've looked just about everywhere. The Great Hall, his house, the academy, the woods. The only places I haven't checked are the docks and the mountains. I guess I'll check the mountains since I'm closer to them then the docks.

I've circled almost all the way around the mountains when I notice a Zippleback laying down by a blonde haired boy. I glide down to them and land by Tuffnut. He's sitting on the edge with his legs dangling. He looks upset so I approach carefully.

"Hey Tuff, are you okay?" I ask soothingly, sitting down beside him.

"Oh, hey Astrid, no not really. I've just been lonely lately. Ruffnut is always off with Snotlout. Fishlegs is with his girl. And you and Hiccup are always together and he's chief anyway so he's always busy. I've got no one..." He put the heel of his hands in his eyes. I place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay Tuff. You'll find a girl too sometime. When the moments right you will. And I know how it feels to be all alone. I was alone for 7 years, you've only been alone for a week." He jumps up and starts pacing around and I stand up too.

"But what if I don't find a girl. What if there is no one out there for me. What if I'm just meant to be alone forever." He ask.

"Oh, what if, what if, what if. You can sit here and think 'what if' all day and its not going to get you anywhere. All its going to do is make you more upset. I'd rather live a life of 'oh wells' instead of a life of 'what if.' And you are thinking about all the negatives that could happen when you should be thinking about the positives."

"I guess you're right Astrid. And that's the thing, I do have a girl I like and I think she likes me back. So now I have a follow up question. Um, how do I figure out if she does?"

"Hmm. Okay well the best thing to do is tell her your feelings. Maybe she feels the same."

"Okay, Astrid. I'll tell her when I get back. Oh, why did you come looking for me?" He ask. I almost forgot that we had people on their way to Berk.

"Oh yeah! There are ships sailing towards Berk. They were to far out to see if they were enemy or not. Hiccup wanted to get all the dragon riders ready so here I am."

"Okay then lets go!" He say and stars running back towards Berk. He can't fly Barf and Belch without a second rider.

I arrive at the Great Hall and Hiccup comes rushing out. He looks like he has something urgent to say.

"Its the Outcast. They are less the 15 minutes out." He says. Oh no, not the Outcast. They are always after Hiccup.
__________________________
Author's Note:
So I was finally released of my Concussion so now I can start updating again. Yay! Okay so sorry guys for the long wait but I'm back and ready to continue the story!