Chapter 3

-(Y/N) P.O.V-

I wake up to a loud thump on the door. I instantly sit up. I knew it wasn't Anju! She's always so nice and soft when she knocks. This, this wasn't Anju. I walk over to the door and peek it open. A man was at my door. I'd never seen him before.

"Can I help you?"

He takes out a sword and grabs Anju.

"I'll kill her if you don't give me what I want..."
"I-i don't know what you want!"

He throws Anju on the ground and butts his way into my room. He starts to look under my bed, dresser, vanity, and then the closet. I was trying to think about what he was searching for. I was soon cut off from my thoughts.

"Ah! I found it!"

He pulls out the mask that was in the box. Then I remembered what the note had said. Don't let anyone know, or find this. So I did the responsible thing annnnd.... Jumped on him. Yea doesn't seem so smart...

"Hey that's mine! Get out of my room!"

I started to hit him on the head.

"Girl what are you doing?! Get off!"
"No! That mask is mine! And I have the right to hit you! Your in my room! Get out!"

He drops the mask and throws me against the wall. He grabs me by the collar of my pjs. I grab a knife from underneath the floor boards and he drops me.

"Girl put that down... You don't have to do this..."

I stand from the ground and start to walk towards him.

"I'm gonna say this one last time. Get out before I kill you. Never let me see your face again."

He runs out of my room and through the hotel door. I run over to Anju.

"Anju you okay?"
"Yea... I never knew you were so brave! But what did he want?"
"Well..."
"(Y/N)... What do you have in your room?"
"Well last night I had a box on my floor. When I opened it there was a mask. A note said that I must tell no one! I guess he came here to take it..."

She stands from the ground and dusts off her dress.

"Can I see the mask (Y/N)?"
"Oh! Sure. Hold on."

I walk in my room and pick up the mask from the floor. I dust it off and begin to stare at it. There is something about this mask. It lets off a warm feeling. But at the same time sends shivers down your spine. I walk from my room and hand Anju the mask. She instantly turns pale and she gets this look in her eye. She looks up at me. Eyes full of fear.

"(Y-y/N) w-where did you g-get this again?"
"There was a box on my floor. I don't know who gave it to me."

She hands me the mask.

"You get that thing away from me!"
"But-"
"(Y/N)! Please just trust me..."

I hesitate but I nod. She walks away shaking in fear. I stand there in the hallway confused. I step into my room and close the door. I hold the mask in my hands. I touch the marks on its face.

"Why is Anju so scared of you?"

I walk over to my bed and set the mask down.

"Your just a mask... What harm could you possibly do?"

I lay down beside the mask and just stare at the ceiling. Tonight was a crazy night! I get woken up from a random man, have to almost kill him, and have Anju get scared out of her mind. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen her so scared. She looked like she'd seen a ghost! She knows something and isn't telling me. I will find out what it is! I always do.