Chapter 4

(Y/N) P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside. I slowly open my eyes. The light coming through the window was shining on my face. I squint my eyes and roll over. I groan and sit up. I tuck my hair behind my ear and hop out of bed. I shuffle my way over to a mirror. I look in the mirror and gasp. I looked terrible! My hair was all tangled, my face was still puffy from crying, my eyes were bloodshot. Let's just say I didn't look like sleeping beauty. I walk to my closet and quickly grab clothes. I walk into the bathroom and proceed to undress. I hop into the bath water and I felt great! The moment the hot water touched my skin I felt instantly better.

~Time skip~

I walk out of the bathroom and I put my dirty clothes in the hamper. I grab my knife and shove it in my boot. After what happened last night I need to carry a knife around. I quickly walk over to the door and was about to turn the door knob. But something stopped me. I turn around and remember I didn't put my mask up last night. I walk over to my bed and look around. It wasn't there. So I did the right thing and tore my room apart looking for it. For some reason after last night all I've wanted to do is just look at it. To hold it. To trace my finger over the marks. (Your getting creepy reader chan!) but it was nowhere to be found. Maybe Anju took it? I walk out of my room and downstairs to Anju. She smiles at me and waves.

"Good morning (Y/N). How did you sleep?"
"Uh... Fine I guess. Hey I can I ask you something?"
"Yea sure! What is it?"
"Did you happen to take my mask out of my room?" I give a smile hoping she wouldn't freak out.
"Umm... No I haven't! Did you lose it?"
"No... I went out for a walk last night. I left it on my bed. But when I came back it was gone."

She puts her hand on her chin and smiles awkwardly.

"Nope! Haven't seen it."

She was acting suspicious.

"Anju you look suspicious. Are you hiding something?" I ask bluntly.
"What do you mean 'suspicious'?"
"Anju cut the crap! What did you do?" My eyes full of anger.
"I did you a favor and got rid of it. I will not allow something that dangerous to be in my hotel!"

My face turn red with anger. I slam my hands on her desk and she jumps.

"SO YOU TOOK SOMETHING OF MINE WITHOUT ASKING ME?! THEN LIED TO ME ABOUT IT?!"

She puts her head down in shame and frowns.

"(Y-y/N).... I-" I cut her off.
"Look I thought friends told everything to each other! You just flat out lied to me! I don't appreciate that. You also took something that didn't belong to you! You didn't even ask me!"
"I-i know... Its just-"
"It's just what?! Anju I've let you get away with almost everything that was almost unacceptable! But now you've crossed the line..."
"But (Y/N) it's just a old mask! Why are you so attached to that thing! You haven't even had it for a week!"
"That doesn't matter! It was mine and you shouldn't have took it!!"

Without letting another word be said i stomp angrily out of the hotel. I was furious! I just wanted to kick and punch something. But Anju has a point, why am I so attached to that thing? Last night I was scared to death of it! Now I just want to hold it and never let it go! I need something to get this off my mind... But what can I do? Oh yea! I haven't seen Malon in awhile! Maybe she'll know something about the mask.

I make my way to farm, humming a tune Annie used to sing to me. Before she died.... (Back story will be explained!!)

Day to night, dark to light

Fall the sands of time

Let the years like the gears of a clock unwind

In your mind walk through time back to better days