Chapter 16***

*Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you know. This book is nearing it is end!!! There is about ten chapters left and they very well may not be up for a few months since it's been really hard for me to write lately. I'm sorry about that, I have depression and it's been getting to me really bad lately. I'll try my hardest to write more guys! Bye!* 

Chapter 16:

Kat's P.O.V

So much for bringing Andy home... it's been three days since the incident in the forest, and Saskia was turned back into clay, or should I say golem. I miss Saskia, and I know Jake misses her too. We've been talking a bit more, but nothing like we used to. But after knowing him for years, I can tell when something's wrong, and right now, it's definitely Saskia. I want to tell him that I miss her too, and right now she's in my room. Well, a version of her is... the clay... version.

"Jake, look I know this whole thing with Alice is hard, but we'll work through it okay?" Jake was lying on my bed, staring up at the Killswitch Engage posters I had on the roof. He hasn't really said much, and I know that's not a good thing. Jake's never quiet; he always has something to talk about.

"Look Kat... I know you're trying to help, but I'm still trying to get over the fact that you knew where to find Saskia and me after we ran off in the fog. I saw it forming as I ran, and then you walked to Alice with a ball of fire in your hand. The only person I have seen do something like that is Felix, and he couldn't control it. But you could." By now Jake was sitting up and was staring at me as I sat on my beanbag, a Sarah Dessen book in hand.

"Look, Jake, I can't explain the fire properly. I don't even have all the answers myself, I've been meaning to talk to Felix about it, but he's been concentrating on getting Andy back. Right now... that's what's more important!" I was getting pissed. Jake was getting distracted. He needed to concentrate on getting Andy back, not me. Jake growled at me and I hissed, standing up from the beanbag, the book in my lap dropping to the floor.

"Kat... I don't care about finding Andy! I know you're hiding something from me, and I know it's something important! Like oh... I don't know... your mother!" I winced and dropped back to the beanbag.

"Who told you?" I asked scared that Jake knew about Phoebe. Jake dropped to his knees in front of me and grabbed my hands.

"Felix did. But all he said was 'She knows who her mother is, and it is not good. She'll need your help to get through this', so I was waiting for the right time, but in a place like this, never is a good time. So I thought I might ask you about it, I guess I overreacted and it was just because you hadn't told me anything." I nodded grimly and smiled weakly,

"Yeah, I guess that is my fault. It was just because of everything going on; I didn't want you all to hate me. I know Felix doesn't and if Felix doesn't then Ellen won't. I just don't want to lose you, Jake... I need you so much right now." Jake nodded and moved closer to me.

"Kat... I couldn't ever hate you. I care about you too much." And there it was. 'I care about you'... it will never be I love you, or I like you. It will just be I care about you. I nodded at him. I need to tell him, and then he'll leave.

"It's Phoebe, she's my Mum. She didn't keep me because she couldn't handle having to raise a child. She was already stressed out with Alice going magic crazy, and it was right before Alice disappeared too. The stress of having a child would have driven her crazy, plus, I like living with Dad. He is still my Dad after all, and I love him." I smiled at the thought of Dad as I reached the end of my confession. Jake just stared at me,

"Phoebe... is your Mum?" I nodded,

"Yeah, I asked her about it once we got back from the other universe. I don't know how she never guessed it was me. I am one of the only people named Kat in this bloody town." Jake laughed and squeezed my hands. I liked this, being close to him again. This is how we were at the start, close and comfortable around each other. Now, all we do is fight and sometimes kiss... and it's all because of magic.