Chapter 22***

Chapter 22

Jake's P.O.V

As we entered the dark and damp room, an odd feeling came over me. I wasn't sure if that feeling scared me or made me feel better, all I know is that I think we will find what we are looking for in here, but I also feel like there will be something in here that will explain everything that has happen to us, and to Kat.

"Jake... are you okay?" I turned to Ellen who was staring at me with a look of sadness on her face. I frowned and looked away.

"What do you think?" Ellen sighed and followed me as we looked around the room for any hint of the talisman.

"Okay, not so well." I nodded, not really paying attention anymore. "Is it about Kat?" My body jolted and I knocked a book off of the table I was searching. I lashed around to look around the room to see that no one had noticed and was still searching.

"Why would you just..." Ellen sighed, and looked away from me, looking through things as well. I turned around again and began searching again.

"She was my friend too you know." My brain knew this, but I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to keep Kat all to myself and never let anyone else have her. If she were to be friends with too many people, she will only be hurt. That is no fair to her. She deserves no pain. Kat was a kind person, and she always helped me when I needed it. She ignored the bad sides of me, and focused on the good, also allowing me to do the same.

"Yeah... I know." Was still searching when Oscar shouted out.

"Bingo!" I turned around to see Oscar holding up the talisman. Perfect! I locked Kat away in the back of my mind, turning it to the matter at hand, reactivating the talisman and swapping Sam and Roland back. Then this shit won't be so confusing.

A smiled crossed Felix's face for what it looked like to be the first time in weeks, but in all honesty, it had only been a few days. Felix has had a lot on his shoulders lately. Ever since Andy went missing, all he has been trying to do, was fix everything.

I know why he had me do the spell. It wasn't because he believed that I could do it, it was because it would have been too hard on him. From the looks of it, Felix can barely walk and talk, let alone cast a spell that swapped two people's souls and placed them in other bodies!

'Relax Jake. Stop over thinking everything.' I jumped at the sound of Kat's voice in my head. I looked around. Was she here?

"Jake. Hey, Jake!" I jumped at the sound of Felix trying to catch my attention. His eyes were tired. He was basically screaming for sleep. "Are you okay?" I nodded,

"Yeah fine. Just... feeling a bit weird." Felix nodded, looking sad.

"That's probably just from the spell. They can take a bit out of you?. Did you want to come over here so that we can reactivate the talisman and fix these two?" I nodded and walked over to the group, who were all crowded around the talisman.

I am still curious to how the talisman existed in both worlds, but both worlds Alice's didn't own both of them. Why did someone else own this worlds? I wonder if there were more witches in this town than anyone let on. What if we went and found them all? Could we learn more about magic? Would we become stronger?

A glow overtook the room before I even noticed it. Wait... he has already activated the talisman and swapped Sam and Roland back? How long was I out thinking for? I turned to the two people who had swapped bodies and were now complaining.

"What did you do?! My body aches!" I rolled my eyes,

"Well, what did you do?! I'm starving! Why didn't you feed me?" I scoffed. Of course, the only thing Sam and think of is food, especially when we have more pressing matters at hand, like dealing with a crazy witch, a missing witch... actually, make that two! And also a detective that now knows literally everything about magic. Could this day get any worse?